Author Topic: Starting EASY  (Read 1327 times)

Offline Brody'smom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 13, 2005, 00:50:38 am »
Hi everyone  I am new to the boards and to EASY. ds is 2 wks old i heard about easy after seeing Tracey on Discorvey Health when my first ds was 11months and thought gee i wish i had found this sooner!! so here i am with number 2 wanting to start right awa. so far so good the only trouble i am having is ds wants to nurse before sleep he is still awake when i lay him down but if i do not nurse him he just won't settle . I have tried feeding him longer when he wakes but he's just not interested and he is hungry when he nurses before his nap. should i try to break this habbit now or just feed on demand where he is still so young.
here is what a day looks like any input would be great

Wake 8am
E 8am
A 8:20 ( Diaper change/ ply w/dh)
S 9:40 (eating from 9:20-9:40)

E 10:40-10:55
A 11:00
S 11:15

E 12:55-1:20
A 1:20
S 1:35 (eating 1:30-1:35)

E 3:35-5:00
A 4:00
S 4:30 ( eating 4:15-4:30)

E 6:40-7:00
A 7:00
S 8:00 (eating 7:40-8:00)

10:30 DF

wakes during night on avg 3 times feed and back to sleep
any advise would be great

Thanks
Sonia
Brody Sep 10, 03
AJ Sep 26, 05

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
Starting EASY
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 05:33:03 am »
Hi Sonia - welcome and it is great that you are getting started on EASY from the beginning.  My first thought is that your lo possibly needs the top up to settle before bed because the awake time is possibly too long - especially that first cycle - getting up at 8 and not going down until 9:40.  that seems like a long awake time for a 2 week old - how is your ds when you go to put him down without the nursing ?  is he crying?  excessive fussing? etc - it migjht be overtiredness that you are seeing rather than hunger.

for your routine should i assume that he is asleep from the start of "s" until the next "E" you noted?

if he is hungry at the end of the cycle but not at the beginning i woudl just try to let him have a little awake time before offering the nursing session (let him show he is hungry) then feed and then have a little more short A time before settling him to sleep.
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified