Author Topic: Wake-to-sleep works but doesn't stick...  (Read 1099 times)

Offline twoblacklabs

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 12, 2005, 13:09:40 pm »
DS is 15 weeks old and has been sleeping well at night for a few weeks now.  He falls asleep around 7:30, gets a DF at 10:50, and then has one early am feeding before getting up for the day around 6:30. 

He has gone to almost 5am before, but only once.  He typically wakes between 2 - 3 am for his feed.  The problem is if he wakes at 2, he doesn't sleep until 6:30 - he's up again around 5.  If he eats past 3am, he'll sleep until it's time to get up.

Doing the wake-to-sleep has helped him get to that 3am mark or past it, but after doing it for three nights I might get one or two nights out of him on his own, and then he slowly works his way back to waking up earlier.

Do I need to keep up the wake-to-sleep longer than three night or should I just let him wake at 2am?  I would much prefer the 3:30 waking!

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Wake-to-sleep works but doesn't stick...
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 00:47:03 am »
At this age they can still be quiet unpredictable & I do think Wake-to-sleep is only really useful if your lo has a habitual wakeup when no longer feeding at night. What I do if I don't think my ds has woken for a feed is pat him back off to sleep, if he if calm, then I know I don't need to feed, but if after a minute he seems more agitated, I just feed.

Also at this age the day routine may be causing extra wakeups, make sure your lo is getting sleeps that are longer than 45mins & probably feeding about every 3.5 hours to avoid him snacking & needing to wake up to feed as he has no "stored food'
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05