Author Topic: Jan/Feb 05 chat - Thread #3  (Read 114831 times)

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
Jan/Feb 05 chat - Thread #3
« on: October 13, 2005, 11:36:24 am »
Welcome all Mom's of babies born in Jan/Feb 05.  having already chatted on 37 pages in thread #1 and 84 pages in thread #2 we are here for a fresh start.  whether you are an "old timer" who has participated in either of those threads or have been lurking or have just found us please join in at any time.

a few things to keep in mind this time around as we have grown into a very large group (and will continue to grow i imagine)

:arrow: Please do not feel obligated to respond to everyone everytime you post a reply. In other words, do not feel that you need to "catch up" with everyone!
  :arrow: If you want, pop in to just tell a story or share some news!
  :arrow: If you have a question that no one here seems to be able to answer, post it elsewhere - a lot of other members have been there before, whereas most of us are going through it now with you(some of us have more than 1 child, but most are first time parents).

looking forward to chatting about daily life with these babies who are fast heading towards toddlerhood  :shock:  they are all now heading for 8-10 months old  :shock:  :shock: and just as their needs have changed so have ours, so let's all drop in for a virtual "cuppa" and have a chat when we can!  pull up a chair and tell us about yourself and your lo.
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline Kinlagh's Folks

• Showing Appreciation 7
  • Toronto, Canada (I'm back baby!)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 13:25:42 pm »
Since we're starting fresh, I figure it would be great for everyone to introduce themselves all over again. 

I'm Michelle and my daughter, Kinlagh (pronounced Kin-Lah), will be 9 months old next week.  I can hardly believe it.

Me:  30 years old.  Celebrated my 4th wedding anniversary last week.  Kinlagh is our first child, but we're planning on a couple more.  Our happy family lives in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada (for now).  May consider a move back to Ontario - my home.

Kinlagh:  Almost 9 months old.  Textbook (although would like to check that again cause I think there's a little touchy in there too).  Is now crawling, standing and starting to cruise along furniture.   

Looking forward to getting to know you all over again!  And even meet a few new faces.
Michelle

Proud mommy to Kinlagh Emilie
Born 19/01/2005

Daniel's mummy

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 17:08:08 pm »
I'm Hazel and my son Daniel is 8.5 months old.  We live in England with my dh.  I am 27 years old, no, wait... I'm  28 years old :oops:  Daniel is our first child too but we want at least 3 maybe 4.  He is a textbook baby with a lot of angel thrown in (although listening to him in the bath at the moment he sounds a bit 'grumpy') :)  Daniel is a happy soul.  Lots of sitting and rolling, but no signs yet of crawling.  LOVES his food (always has done).  weighs around 23.5 lb now (eek).  He is just the most amazing thing that has happened to my dh and I ever.  We love being parents.

Look forward to chatting.

Offline julieb

• Showing Appreciation 17
  • I think I need a bigger pool.
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 18:59:40 pm »
I'm Julie, 28 for the third time  :wink: , married 8.5 yrs, and SAHM to our first, Asher, 8.5 mths.  He's mostly textbook with touchy and spirited being an equally close second.  He's a busy, active boy with an intense and passionate personaility, just like his father!   :lol:
Julie
DS 1/31/05 (spirited/textbook but a touchy sleeper)
DD 10/15/10 (textbook/angel/spirited)

Offline herbst99

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 19:20:32 pm »
Hi there - ooh I am so looking forward to a "fresh" start!!!
Well - introductions ....
me My name is Nikki - I am 31 yrs old - Live in South Africa - work part time on a wine farm but trained as an Occupational Therapist (planning to get back into OT next yr) Celebrating our 6th anniversay on 30th of Oct. Lise Anne (Debra - only saw now that Olivia's second name is also Ann!!) is our first of hopefully 2 kids (cannot believe I said that out loud!! 3 mths ago I would have called you MAD if you asked if I want more!!!)
Lise is 7.5mths old and spirited with a little bit of touchy thrown in. She has 2 teeth and is crawling - well more of "butterfly" stroke on the floor  :oops: We struggle with naps longer than 45mins. and that's that!!

and now that I have attached THREE pictures I have the following idea ...
Maybe we should only attach max 1 picture as a "teaser" to friends on this thread and post the rest in the gallery?? What do you think?

Look forward to hearing from all of you ...Nikki
Nikki - Mom of Lise and Cara

Offline thitz

• Showing Appreciation 13
  • Emily and Elliot
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2005, 23:52:07 pm »
My name is Tarri (30 years old) and my daughter's name is Emily. She's almost 8 months old and is mostly textbook with a little Angel and Touchy.  Emily has only rolled a few times, doesn't crawl at all but is a good sitter and loves it when I help her walk around the house.   I always call her my 'super cutie petutie pie'!

I want to say thankyou to Tracy (if she can hear us) for all her baby whispering, it changed Emily and my life around when I found it at the 3 month mark.

Also, I'm soo excited that I'm going to see a movie and have dinner with a friend tomorrow night!

Offline julieb

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2005, 03:22:58 am »
What movie are you gonna see, Tarri?  We saw In Her Shoes (good) and Serenity (good) last weekend.  I'm still hoping to see Proof and Elizabeth town.  I'm so glad it's the weekend soon!  Even though DH is going paintballing all day on Sunday, I can go and visit people with Asher because everyone works during the week.
Julie

Offline deakinc

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2005, 05:41:52 am »
Hi, I'm Colleen mother of Charlie who's almost 8 months. Charlie's a textbook/angel baby and a georgous little boy.  I didn't think motherhood would be this much fun, I'm having a ball...particulalary now that he sleeps all night. 

We're great at sitting and squirming all over the place, can't really be bothered to roll but enjoy rocking back and forth on our hands and knees. 

I too am grateful for Tracy Hogg and her advice, I have followed her since day 1 and can't imagine would it would have been like without her. I lost my own mother to cancer and so Tracy's has been able to help me when my mum would have.

We live in Melbourne Australia.
Cheers

Offline Schae

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2005, 06:41:04 am »
Helloooo everyone!  :D
I'm Shuia (aka Schae), I'm 24 and at the moment, am a SAHM. Went for a job interview on Wednesday that went well.. so we're hoping. We live in Johannesburg South Africa.

Luka: Will be 8 months old next Sunday :shock:  He is crawling all over the place and pulling himself up on any and everything.. lots of running after him saying: "You're going to fall"  :lol:

Deborah.. you asked about the nightwakings I think? They are just in the early evening. :?

Looking forward to getting to know all of you again :)
Proud mama to
Luka 22 Feb 2010 Textbook/Spirited
Tiisetso 18 Sep 2010 Textbook/Touchy
and three little angels

Offline Lizzie

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2005, 08:58:49 am »
Hi everyone.

My name is Lizzie & i'm 25yrs old. My son is Alex who turns 8months on Tues and he's a very spirited little one!

I've been lurking about the boards for a while now & read alot of the old thread & glad a new one has started up!

Hazel: I see Daniel is a budding Liverpool supporter as is Alex, all his fathers doing!!

I live in Reading, UK with my boyfriend of 7yrs. We are engaged but no plans to marry soon, too much else going on!!
Alex isn't crawling yet but is a pro at rolling, especially at night!! :roll:

Haven't seen a movie since I was pregnant. Pls keep me updated on what you recommend to watch as they take a little longer to be released in UK. Haven't even heard of Elizabeth Town, Proof or In Her Shoes!!

Look forward to chatting some more!

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2005, 12:25:28 pm »
hi there,

Me - my name is Jaime.  I'm 27 years old, a teacher in Florida (US), and married for 5 years (today!)

My kids - Luke is the one who fits into this chat  :wink: he's almost 9 months old and quite the touchy guy.  I also have a 2 year old (Jaina).  they are 20 months apart, and while i like it, I sincerely hope we're finished!  :lol:
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2005, 13:01:20 pm »
HI all - My details are very similar to Jaime's  :lol:

I am Deb, a 33 year old SAHM with a 27 mo old and an almost 8 mo old (19 mo gap  :shock: ) and I am done barring any accidents  :wink:  I live in Sydney (6 1/2 years now) with my English husband since neither of us wanted to live in the other's country  :roll:  and we both loved Australia. Today is also our 6th wedding anniversary  :!:  I am currently on meds for PPD and a thyroid condition - both of which make my days just that little bit more challenging  :wink:

Olivia will be 8 months on Wednesday and is equal parts spirited, textbook and angel.  she is a very happy child who just does not want to miss out on anything that is going on... she is currently crawling all over BUT BACKWARDS or in circles ONLY.

Lizzie - glad to see you joining in - i remember when you first started on the site and then i never saw you on the thread.  hope you are doing well.

Colleen - nice to see another Aussie on this thread - hope to see you on Thursday nights at the aussie chat for the site
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline sedona314

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 12
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2005, 15:01:28 pm »
Hi Everyone:

I'm Julie G. since we have two Julie's.  My son Matthew (Matty) is 8.5 months old and started out very spirited and now is still spirited but fortunately is more textbook now.  :lol:  Im married 3 years next month. I seem to remember a lot of us have Oct/Nov anniversaries.

Welcome to newcomers.  Colleen, I lost my Mom to cancer too, so if you ever want to commiserate, let me know. Its so hard sometimes raising Matty without her being here to see him!

I am a family/child therapist and work part time.

Julie, how the heck did you get to see those movies?   :D  I'm jealous.

Nikki, Lise is cuter than ever, I just want to squeeze her.  Hazel, that last picture of Daniel with the mussed up hair made me laugh. 

I love all the pictures and I would like us to keep posting them here, cause honestly, I just dont have the time to go to the gallery.  I also want you all toknow that I still feel bad if I dont mention everyone.  Like mentioning Nikki's and Hazel's pics but not the others, which I also thought were beautiful.  I never mean to leave anyone out.  I dont know if Im gonna get over feeling that way on this thread. But you guys are right, it is stressful to feel the need to comment on everything people say, even though I want too!

Anyway, I DO need some feedback from you gals.  I am feeling remiss about not taking matthew out more.  He gets walked everyday but he doesnt get to go on many errands.  I work 2.5 days a week, and the days I am home I have a helper part of the day so I can get other work done.  Therefore, when my helper is here I run allmy errands (so much easier) and then do stuff at home with Matthew.  He gets to go on errands with me and Daddy during the weekend.

Is this horrible?  Should I be taking him out more with me even though its harder?  I feel so darn guilty.  Just to let you know, when we do take him out, he does really well, he is calm and not afraid of strangers.  Hope this doesnt sound silly but its been bothering me for a long time.
thanks for any feedback.

Sorry this is so long!

Julie
Matthew 1/31/05  spirited/textbook

Offline diyasmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2005, 15:47:52 pm »
Hi Everyone:
I am Vidya and a 28 yr old SAHM to Diya. I have been married for 4.5 yrs and we live in a very small town in the U.S. We are orginally from India and have been living in the U.S for 7 yrs.
My daughter Diya is mostly  a mix of Angel and textbook but spirited with respect to sleep. She is crawling and standing up now and trying to cruise.
We went to SFO recently and it was a great trip. Diya took most of her naps in my sling and found it hard to go back to her crib. She is getting better though.
Julieb: How did you get to watch so many movies :shock:  I am thinking about catching up with all of the movies when my parents visit me at the end of this month for 2.5 months.
Deb: It was good to finally put a face to you. Adorable family!
Lizzie: When I think of going to the movies, I go to msn.com and click on movies for reviews. It even tells the movies which are showing in my town. I'll post a link of the site and you'll be able to read the reviews. To find out about the movies showing in UK, go to msn's UK site.
http://movies.msn.com/
JuileG: Babies at this age only need love of their parents. You'll be able to provide a stimulating and loving environment at home. So, you don't have to worry about not taking Matty out all the time. I am a slave to Diya's naps too and I find it hard to squeeze in BF, solids and outinng in the 2 hr window between naps.
Everyone: I have a question. I'll try to post this in EASY and BF forums too. Diya doesn't take a lot of solids. I still have to nurse her 6 times for her to sleep through! Also, she is able to go 3.5 hrs in the afternoons without BF. But she wakes up in the middle of the night for a feeding if I do that. Is my body trained to produce milk based on 3 hr feedings(meaning less milk than a 4hr feeding schedule)? Do I have to try changing the interval to 3.5 to 4 hrs so that I'll produce more milk or should I give her extra formula? I so badly want to do this so that we can increase her A time and change her routine so that she will have only 2 naps instead of 2 short am and pm naps and a 2 hr long catnap:(
Vidya
Vidya
Diya 1/25/05 Angel/Textbook and very spirited

Offline julieb

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2005, 18:08:07 pm »
Well, after two weeks of watching these front teeth (plus another week of grouchiness before I could see them coming), one of the magical disappearing teeth made it's final debut yesterday!  We had a coming out party last night, complete with teething tablets and tylenol!  Woohoo!  The other is close behind!  Then maybe we can have a couple more months of peace and quiet!   :shock:

Quote (selected)
I didn't think motherhood would be this much fun, I'm having a ball...particulalary now that he sleeps all night.
Colleen, I had to laugh at this comment!  My DS just started sleeping through a month ago and it's amazing how quickly it's erased the scariness of those newborn months!  I also like to say, jokingly, of course, "I love my son with all my heart, but I love him just a bit more when he takes a 2.5 hour nap!"  :wink:

JulieG, I'm fortunate to have nearly ALL of our family in town and they're lined up around the block to have their chance to babysit Asher.  We have to hold a lottery at times.   :wink:   Actually, we don't go out as often as we could because of finacial reasons (we're still waiting for the family to pay US to go out!).  And Asher isn't easy to sit for (I pay the price when I get home).  Last weekend was a bit of a fluke!
And if it makes you feel any better, Matty make it out of the house MUCH more than Asher!  It's a hassle to do errands and Asher doesn't care for it.  Plus, until just a couple days ago, it's been MUCH too hot to go on walks!  Asher's lucky if he goes out of this house once a week (to family's houses)!  :shock:

Vidya, read your post.  I'm gonna think about it and get back to you since Asher's up.
Julie