Author Topic: 7mo waking 2-4 times for the past 2 weeks!!!!!  (Read 1080 times)

Offline franniesmith78

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
7mo waking 2-4 times for the past 2 weeks!!!!!
« on: October 13, 2005, 13:55:20 pm »
My seven month old has been waking 2-4 times a night for the past two weeks.  She sits herself up in her sleep.  She has been able to sit up on her own for a while, so its not like this is a new skill for her.  She wakes up crying and if I don't put her on the breast she will literally cry for an hour.  I have tried everything suggested in the book.  pat/shh, pu/pd.  She just keeps sitting up while I am trying to get her to go back to sleep.  There is no pattern.  Last night, she went to bed about 7:45 and was up 3 times before 11 and 4 times after until we started our day at 7:30.  Each time the only thing that will get her to go back to sleep in the breast.  I am well beyond exhausted.  Does anyone have any suggestions?!! 

Frances

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 01:09:35 am »
Firstly she now knows that the breast is how she gets back to sleep, she knows no other way, so you need to work out another way to do it & stick to it as long as it takes. With my ds#1, my dh used to help out & also I would walk the house to calm him down sometimes.
Does she fall asleep for naps & bed time by feeding? as you will need to break that habit too if it is the case.
When she is awake you also need to help her learn how to get back to lying down again, so she can do it at night too
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline jessieanddave05

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 18:34:10 pm »
You may also want to consider, is she teething? My 8-month old son, he's been doing what you daughter's doing for 4-months now.. My doctor said he's "just teeething" .. he got his first tooth at 4 months, and has 4 now. I don't believe children teethe for 4 months. Am I wrong? In any case, good luck. I'm fighting the same battle.. and have been for 4 months now! :)