Author Topic: 8wk old wakes at night and squirms around hard to get back t  (Read 1147 times)

Offline jsmith328

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
8wk old wakes at night and squirms around hard to get back t
« on: October 13, 2005, 05:24:19 am »
just started easy and I have a question. At about 5am every morning my ds wakes and cries. When I reswaddle it only lasts 10 or 15 minutes then he squirms out of it. He does this til his feed at 7am. Is he not tired? I thought it was gas so I have been using gas drops for about a week and there is no change. He doesn't sleep much during the day so I know he doesn't have his nights and days confused. I feed at ten and then put him down. I haven't started the dream feed yet. He sleeps from 10-3:30 then wakes up to eat and sleps until 5. He doesn't have his eyes open and will fall alseep and squirm until he is out of his swaddle. He doesn't seem like he's sleeping too much so I don't know what to do

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
8wk old wakes at night and squirms around hard to get back t
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 00:55:00 am »
If he's  not crying or upset, I suggest just leaving him, 5am seems to be quiet a normal time for babies to wake up (unfortunately) & if you do too much you just reinforce it, but leaving him, it may soon stop.
Also funnily enough more day sleep can actually stop it... I get 5am wakeups from my 4.5mo (& 2yo) if he has a day with too little sleep or they go to bed too late.
what does an average day look like?
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05