Author Topic: 4 mo old suddenly waking 3 times in the night  (Read 1280 times)

Offline jordon&dylansmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 63
  • Toronto, Canada
4 mo old suddenly waking 3 times in the night
« on: October 14, 2005, 01:22:49 am »
Help, my lo is all of a sudden waking up for a feed 3 times during the night.  I put him to bed at 8pm ish, (depending on how well the evening goes) and go in for a dreamfeed at 11pm before I go to bed and he used to sleep right through until 5 am and now very suddenly he is waking up at 1am, 3am, and 6am all for feeds.  Is this temporary?   

He was 4 weeks premature so I know there is a growth spurt somewhere around this time, but I'm not sure what to do here.  He is breast fed and on a 3 to 3.5 hour easy with 2 good naps during the day of 1.5 to 2 hours. 

Any advise would be appreciated as I would like to get some of my sleep back, not to mention my breasts!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
4 mo old suddenly waking 3 times in the night
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 03:02:48 am »
Sounds very much like he is having his "adjusted" 3 month growth spurt. So keep feeding & offer every 2 hours during the day & then after a few days try to stretch it out again. I also think he probably needs a 3rd nap, I know my 4.5 mo who is a very happy baby can't go longer than 2.25 hours awake & needs 3 naps & if he doesn't get it, he feeds worse in the day & wakes more at night.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05