Author Topic: 10 month old and waking at 5.30 am!!!  (Read 2323 times)

Offline nadiasilvina

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
10 month old and waking at 5.30 am!!!
« on: October 13, 2005, 18:03:22 pm »
Hi! I´m Nadia, from Argentina (sorry for my english). I have a baby, Dana, she is 10 month old, and she is getting up at 5.30 in the morning (she is doing it for 2 months now).
She has two naps, one at 11 am and the other at 15.30 pm. The she has dinner at 8 pm, a bathroom at 8.30 and she goes to bed at 9.30.
Her naps are about 1 hour each.

Then, she always gets up at 5.30, cries and cries, for about 20 minutes, and then falls asleep to 7.15 am. Sometime (when she cries to loud) i give her a bottle. Not always.

I dont know what to do. Moderator told me in a private mail to put her in bed earlier, about 8 pm....i`m going to start ir today.
Any suggestion?

Thanks! Nadia, from South America...

Offline Alison_3

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 95
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 00:03:34 am »
hola Nadia.  Soy profesora de español en una escuela secundaria en EEUU. 

I'll write in English so that maybe others will respond too.  Your English was great! 

You should definitely try an earlier bedtime.  My son is almost a year old, but was always getting up early.  We found out the earlier he went to bed, the more he slept.  We start his bedtime routine at 7:00 with a bath, bottle, and then a book.  He is asleep by 7:30.  He still gets up early at 6:00, but at least he has had more sleep!  Plus, you will have some time to yourself at night. 

¡buena suerte!

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline nadiasilvina

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 15:57:36 pm »
Thanks for answering.
I´m so sad today because Dana woke up at 5 am and started to cry very loud, like screaming, i pu/pd several times, and shhh shhh her, but she continued crying...20 minutes later i went out of her room, and she stopped crying. When i came back she started to cry again, and finally, an hour later, 6 am more or less, i gave her a bottle (8 oz) she took it all and finally fell aspleep til 9.30 am....leaving me exhausted and sad.ç

I´m going to try to put her in bed at 8 pm...what do you think?

Nadia.

Offline Florencia

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
  • Playin' hide n' seek
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 19:10:33 pm »
I'm thinking that maybe extend her awake time between nap #1 and nap #2 would do the trick since she's getting only 8.5 hours of night sleep. Maybe she wakes crying because of the lack of sleep. If you can get here to take her second nap one hour later, say 4 pm and she gets another hour, then she won't be so overtired by bedtime at 8 and she can make it for longer.

Also, a cluster feed might help you. That is, if she wakes so upset in the early morning and a full bottle is letting her go back to sleep perhaps tanking her up at nights with a heavy snack (say cheese and crackers, cereal, etc) before her night bottle might keep her tummy full for longer.

Please PM if you'd like me to answer you in Spanish. Hang in there! 10 months was a rough time for us too, filled with transitions like standing, teething, etc. that messed up ds's sleep a lot.
Mom to Manolo, spirited monkey and Jose Miguel, an angel cupcake