Author Topic: Wake to sleep??  (Read 1016 times)

Offline avery11

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 13, 2005, 20:12:04 pm »
Can someone explain this to me??

My daughter is one of those kids who really has almost never slept longer than 45 minutes for a nap. Previously the only way for me to extend her 45 min nap was to put her in the Baby Bjorn at the start of her nap & once I felt her starting to wake, I would start moving. About 2% of the time this would work and she would go back to sleep...sometimes for 3 hours. Typically she would wake up completely and cry because she was still tired.

Anyway, I would like to try to lengthen her naps by both lengthening her awake time (currently at almost 5 months she can stay up a max of one hour...more often about 45 minutes) AND trying to help her get back to sleep over the 45 minute hurdle.

I've read the information in Tracy's current book, but I don't understand what exactly I should be doing. Am I to wake her prior to her waking? Am I supposed to just pat her while she is still asleep? Do I start patting just as I start to see her squirm?

And my other question, how does this TEACH her to transition over the 45 minute hump on her own? And how long will it take before she can do this on her own if I consistently do this for every nap?

Okay and last, but not least...is there anyone out there who has had success with this & wants to me my "mentor"/"support"?? If so, please email me or post a message.

Thank you all so much in advance!!!

Offline Matthew's Mommy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 22
Wake to sleep??
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 02:42:25 am »
Hi there.. I just posted a "How To" guide for wake to sleep at the top of this board. It's an announcement.

Hope this helps!
Jane
Whispering since 2001
Matthew July 27th, 2001
Brendan October 21st, 2004