Author Topic: Wakes for a cuddle  (Read 1405 times)

Offline Ilse

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Wakes for a cuddle
« on: October 12, 2005, 14:01:17 pm »
My 4.5month old decides to wake at 11:30pm crying and waits for me to pick him up, upon which he settles down and goes back to sleep. Then again between 4am and 5.30am (sometimes till 6:30am) which is when I feed him. I feed him at 2am so his 4am waking surely can't be hunger. Does anyone have any idea what the matter could be :?

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Wakes for a cuddle
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 00:51:29 am »
What is your day routine like, if you are feeding less than 3.5 hourly & he sleeps less than an hour most of his naps, then it is a problem with him not being able to settle from one sleep cycle to the next & also not having 'stored calories' to tide him over, as he could be snack feeding.
Also how does he fall asleep if he uses a dummy or falls asleep right after a feed, they could also be problems
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Ilse

• Showing Appreciation 0
Wakes for a cuddle
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 02:12:50 am »
His day's pretty good. He feeds @ 7am 11:30pm 3pm then 6pm and then @ 10pm. During the day he sleeps for a 45min nap in the morning and a 2hour nap at lunch time. He has another nap in the afternoon for 45mins. However, since moving him into his own room a couple of weeks ago, he sometimes sleeps for 2hours in the morning and 1.5in the afternoon :lol: The only thing is, is that somedays he reverts to the old nap, sleep, nap routine and I'm not sure what to keep him on :?

He is good at putting himself to day and night, and during the day is able to resettle, and I don't give a dummy at all. It's been going on for a few weeks. I've tried wake to sleep the last two nights for his 11:00pm waking, they haven't worked so far but will try for another few nights. I'm so tired from getting up every few hours (last night was 11:30, 12:30, 2am, 3am, 3.45, 5:30 and 7) that I've dragged him into bed with me :cry:

Offline Ilse

• Showing Appreciation 0
Wakes for a cuddle
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 02:16:34 am »
I forgot to mention that he won't actually take a feed when he wakes until about 5am and last night, discovered the art of rolling :lol: ...

Offline Superman'sMom

• Showing Appreciation 58
  • Hey Superman!
Wakes for a cuddle
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2005, 18:02:06 pm »
I have a similar problem. He wakes up every two hours or so but for the past couple nights he has been up for two hours before he will go back to sleep. I think it is a development thing. He almost rolling over and he is starting to realized there is a whole world out there. I also think that he thinks at night he is just taking a nap. H ehas gotten pretty good with the nap thing. Sorry no real advice. Just sympathy.
Chelsea

Mom to SPIRITED Aiden
Born 7/10/2005

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Wakes for a cuddle
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2005, 22:21:45 pm »
Well Girls, I joint your club last night & as I know ds was sleeping well before & well he started rolling yesterday & bang... woke almost hourly last night & was in a different position half the time. So I'm guessing we are all at a developmental milestone.
remain consistent & be patient (hard as that is) & it should sort it self out.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05