Author Topic: no sleep routine  (Read 1061 times)

Offline olliepops

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 14, 2005, 12:12:36 pm »
my little olliepops is 5 and half months old. He has never slept all the way through the night. He goes to bed between 6-7.30pm and wakes at 9.30-10pm for a bottle ,drinks it all and goes back off to sleep without any problems. He then wakes at 2am and 4am without fail every night drinks his bottle and goes off with no problems. 5am comes he is wide awake but not hungry because of his feeds through the night and gets very tired and restless quickly but wont go back to sleep until 9-10 am. Sometimes then he will only sleep for half an hour other times 2 hours. He then has his first bottle.However even though i say he goes to sleep with no problems this is because his daddy is holding him in his arms and rocking him to sleep everytime.He never falls asleep on his own. We have tried laying him in his cot to go off but he just cries constantly.                   
Any suggestions ? what can we do.

Offline Johno & Aurelias Mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 49
no sleep routine
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 21:22:16 pm »
Hi

Have you got books one and three?  If you haven't I would suggest book three.  You need to teach him to sleep on his own first of all, plus get a better pattern of naps and that should put a pattern on the day to make the feeding more even.

That all sounds very simple.  Its not a miracle cure I'm afraid, it may take some work and acceptance of the fact that he will cry when you change the rules.  However, you need to remember that the BW plan means that you don't leave him crying, and even though you are changing the rules.  The new change is for good and you'll support him through it.

If you need some help with a new plan, come back to us and we can help you out.
Jenny

Offline me and bean

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 12
no sleep routine
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 21:49:19 pm »
welcome!  i totally agree with jenny...  read book three, and you'll see how to re-educate your little one. 

it will take some time and effort, but it's soooooo worth it.  and this board is AWESOME for advice, support and answers to the piles of questions you will have as you go about tweaking your lo's routine.
Susan -
mum to michael, aka bean!  april 1st, 2005
and cope, october 15th, 2007