Author Topic: Amby baby "crib"  (Read 1107 times)

Offline CaedensMama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
Amby baby "crib"
« on: October 14, 2005, 13:38:04 pm »
Check this out..... what do you think? Too much of a prop? May be good in some situations.....? Thought it was rather interesting myself!

http://www.ambybaby.com/Home/
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline Missy Norment

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 19:06:01 pm »
I used the hammock with my baby because of GERD and it was a miracle.  Before that, I had been rocking, swinging, marching him around to get him to sleep and then he wouldn't sleep for more than 20 minutes at naps.  This hammock saved my life, literally.  Before it I could not put him down awake, he would cry for an hour and not go to sleep even with PU/PD method.  The first time I used it, I put him down in it awake and he fell asleep on his own within 10 minutes!!!!  I used for a month and he began sleeping through the night.

Then as he got older, he began rolling over on his tummy, which the bed is not made for.  So reluctantly, I transitioned him to a crib.  I was really scared that because the crib had not bouncing motion, that it would be hard.  But I put him down awake and he fell asleep on his own just like in the hammock.

So for me, it was an absolute life-saver and helped me with getting him to sleep independently.  It was well worth the money, even for 1 month.  As soon as he started using it, he stopped crying as much and would wake up happy.

I cannot say enough good about it.  But that's just my experience.

Offline Maddy's Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
    • The Family Website
Amby baby "crib"
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 20:04:36 pm »
I have one of these, (as do some of the other ladies on this site) and Mads wouldn't sleep in it (although we didn't buy it until she was a couple of months) I am considering using it for no.2 although I am not too sure and will be interested to see whether the other ladies like theirs...I am a bit worried that after sleeping in that, transitioning to a crib will be harder than transitioning from a moses basket/cradle to a crib??

Dee
x

Offline momtocheyenne&toby

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 19
Amby baby "crib"
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 21:14:20 pm »
My ds slept in one for the first 4-5 months and it was great as he had reflux too.  He'd bounce himself to sleep and back to sleep.  At around 4 months it got too cumbersome trying to keep him on  his back or not all balled up at one end.  He transitioned without any problem to a crib..seemed happy to be able to stretch out by that point.
Cheyenne Summer 6-18-02
Toby James 12-17-04