Author Topic: Morning wake time is getting earlier and earlier...  (Read 1313 times)

Offline mstormin

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Morning wake time is getting earlier and earlier...
« on: October 14, 2005, 14:07:21 pm »
DS has recently started waking around 5:30-6 to eat and then wants to be up for the day.  We usually start our day at 8am.  This may not seem like a big deal but d/l savings time is at the end of this month so his wake time will then be 4:30-5am!
Is there anyway to help adjust this time?

I was wondering if it would help to wake him around 4- 4:30 and feed him so that when he wakes at 5:30-6 he won't be hungry and may just stay sleeping.

Anyone had any luck with this?
TIA!

Offline Johno & Aurelias Mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 49
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 21:18:44 pm »
Hi

What did the day look like before the early wakings and what does it look like now?

If LO wakes early, does he start his first nap earlier?  If so, this is a bit of a cycle you can get into and you may need to 'reset' the time.
Jenny

Offline me and bean

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 12
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 21:39:31 pm »
my ds went through this at around 3.5 months.  i did 'wake to sleep' with him (no feeding) and managed to nip it in the bud.  then moving him onto 4/4 easy by 4 months stopped all wakings.

if he wakes now, at 6 months earlier, he knows to go back to sleep.  or, if it's just 6.30am, he's content to hang out till 7am.
Susan -
mum to michael, aka bean!  april 1st, 2005
and cope, october 15th, 2007

Offline mstormin

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 22:46:34 pm »
Thanks for your responses!

Our schedule before was to wake at 8am and feed every 3-3.5 hrs (we're moving towards a 4/4 EASY b/c he's been getting bored during his feedings).  He generally takes 45min naps (nothing we've done so far has helped this) and would go down for the night at 7:30pm with a DF at 11pm.  He is usually up for about 1.5 hrs of awake time so we do a EASASE routine most days! 

When he wakes at 5:45/6am he stays up until about 7:30 then takes a 45min nap. So, I we've just been feeding again every 3-3.5 hr (6, 9:30, 1, 4:30, 7:30).  One thing I've noticed about his "new" schedule is that he thinks 5pm is his bed time!  If we let him go he'd continue to sleep...but 
we've been waking him after 50min treating this as an evening catnap-- by waking him up, playing for a bit, eating and then go to bed at his normal time around 7:30pm.  But that hasn't made a difference-- maybe he needs an earlier bedtime?

If I try wake to sleep should I just get him to stir around 4:45am?  Or wake him up more fully for a diaper change?

Thanks again ladies!