Author Topic: Hates his car seat and walks  (Read 1238 times)

Offline jacksonmommy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 14, 2005, 17:49:21 pm »
Help!  My 3 month old hates his car seat.  Therefore, it's absolute torture to go anywhere with him.  Lately, he's also started to hate his walks.  He wants me to pick him up.  He's a very touchy/spirited baby.  I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has gone through this because I feel like I'm going to lose my mind! :D Any suggestions?  I think I've tried every toy made to man.

Nikki~Nathan&Danielle

Hates his car seat and walks
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 01:34:51 am »
Does this happen at a particular time of the day?  Do you tend to go out after he's fed and had a good sleep or does it happen if you know he's tired and ready for a sleep and it's not where he wants to be sleeping?

Both my kids didn't like going in the buggy if they'd just woken from a sleep - it was like they wanted more interaction instead of being bundled up and restrictred again so soon.  Both of them seemed to outgrow that though when they were about 4-5mths old.  I just made sure that they had a play for 1/2hr before I went out.

Or does it seem to happen anytime?

Offline Rochelle

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
We went through the same thing!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 12:44:37 pm »
We went through the same thing. Travelling by car anywhere was a nightmare! To this day, my daughter still refuses to go in her pram/stroller.

I'm sorry that I don't have any magic solutions for the car. We found, however, that if someone sat in the back with her that often she would scream until she tired herself out and then fell asleep and then - later on - if you played with her or made sure she had her favourite toys to play with she was fine.

I can tell you that a few months ago (she's currently 11.5 months old) she became pretty good in the car and life got a lot easier. Last week was the first time I drove alone with her in the car and she was great!

I'm no expert, but it could be because they don't like to travel backwards.

As for taking her out, we take her in baby carriers and she is ecstatic. She gets to be close to us and we get to talk to her and show her things along the way. It can get a bit tiring, especially as she gets heavier but it's much better on your back than holding her in your arms.

Good luck,
Rochelle
Mother to Timna, born January 2005

Offline yaya

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 236
  • BW Xmas mummies
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 09:02:08 am »
Do u find that your  lo screams untill the car starts moving then stops when it is running? My lo hates his car seat to and i find that being bundled up in a coat is worse so i tried and make him more comfortable by not putting layers on just covering him with a blanket! Also I give him his dummy and he sit with him till he start sucking it then quickly get the car rolling!!!

Offline Gage and Sophie's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • How lucky am I?
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 23:25:12 pm »
Hi! My son is much younger, but I was thinking of starting to train him to nap in his car seat. We NEVER go anywhere due to his short A time, and when he is in his car seat he looks at it as if he has never seen it before. So, I was thinking I start by letting him sit in and play while it is in the living room to get him used to it. Maybe that would help your lo see the car seat in a different light and eventually grow to like it. Also, I was thinking... Do you think babies can get car sick looking backward?
Just some thoughts.