Author Topic: Trying to keep baby awake for Activity after feeding  (Read 2301 times)

Offline MidloMel

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Trying to keep baby awake for Activity after feeding
« on: October 31, 2005, 18:48:38 pm »
My daughter is 2 weeks old and I'm trying to implement the EASY schedule with her. One of my biggest problems is trying to get her to stay awake after feedings. Often times she falls asleep at the breast and when this child falls asleep, a nuclear explosion couldn't wake her. She's a pretty deep sleeper during the day. (The night is another story.)
Any tips on keeping her awake for activity? I change her diaper after feedings, but is this enough of an activity? I also take her for a walk outside, but she's asleep through it.

Thanks!
Melanie
mother to Caroline, 2 weeks

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 19:58:38 pm »
At 2 weeks, and even several more after, A time will be very limited.  Remember, eating and diaper change is part of awake time.  Just enjoy the sleeping while you can.  She'll settle into a regular routine within the next couple of months.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline Ennypen

• Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 22:53:07 pm »
I agree - my LO could only cope with a very short awake time at the age of 2 weeks. He sometimes fell asleep straight after or during his bottle and the rest of the time only stayed awake to have a nappy change and to say hello. Go with what LO wants at this age - Ive found William sleeps when he needs to and has gradually lengthened his awake time himself.

Offline chark

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005, 09:14:49 am »
Ditto - my LO wasn't really ready for EASY until about six weeks. Unfortunately I waited until 3 1/2 months to implement it!

Offline corrina01

• Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2005, 09:18:40 am »
I agree with all the others, when my LO was 2 weeks old up until about 2.5 months, she used to feed then I change her nappy and that was it, off to bed.
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel