Author Topic: March/April 05 Thread #2  (Read 143270 times)

Offline Arwyn's mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 15
  • Arwyn -- April 5th, 2005
March/April 05 Thread #2
« Reply #1125 on: November 22, 2005, 04:09:47 am »
Richelle... me too!!
Ankie
Burnaby, B.C. Canada

Offline james030405

• Showing Appreciation 22
  • James' birthday is 3rd April 2005
March/April 05 Thread #2
« Reply #1126 on: November 22, 2005, 04:48:51 am »
Hi ladies, have been without computer for a few days  :twisted:  :?: Computers - cannot live with the, cannot live without them.  I get withdrawls from BW.   :lol:

I have quickly read over the last five pages and I thought I would tell you all how I met my DH (although technically he is a DF (fiance' :lol: )

I met him almost 14 years ago.  I was with his best friend, then we broke up.  I went over seas of about 1.5yrs and when I came back, we bumped into each other and went out on New Years Eve 1999.  The rest is history, we have been together for almost 6yrs, engaged for almost 1.  He is a cabinetmaker so he does the renovations to our house. I have had 2 kitchens in 4yrs :shock: LOL.

Everything he is going okay, except for the early morning wakings.  Oh well, we are at least sleeping through the night.  Teething is going well, except for the grizziling :?  I guess, but he is getting 3 top teeth all at once :( He now has 6 teeth. 

I am sorry everyone is having a bad time with sleep.  :(  I wish I could offer some suggestions.  I have only skimmed through all the pages, so I cannot replay personally to anyone, Sorry.

counting down the days till  Christmas.  I personally LOVE christmas, so I am looking forward to it even more with James.  :P

Chat soon

Lisa mum to James my textbook/spirited koala bear
[url=http://lilypie.com][/url]

Offline sophieandhannah

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 10
  • Washington USA
March/April 05 Thread #2
« Reply #1127 on: November 22, 2005, 05:22:49 am »
Hey you guys sorry about the chat.  I got booted off for awhile too.  When I got back you guys must have been booted.  Dh was on his way home anyway so my time was running out...thanks for the messages though.

Ankie thanks for the signing info. 
Glad that you girls are up for spontaneous chatting :)

Hannah
Thanks for sharing your story Lisa!

Offline Taylor's Mommy

• Showing Appreciation 17
  • Long Beach, CA
    • http://www.taylormadellc.com
March/April 05 Thread #2
« Reply #1128 on: November 22, 2005, 05:31:40 am »
Hi guys, super tired today and I told DH I would only be on till 9pm and it is now 9;30.  no super brain tonight!
jsut wanted to say hi and will post tomorrow morning, and tell Hannah I am up for changing the chat if anyone else is okay with it.

Cathy-BTW, I do the same thing wit Madeline's collar!  I had to take it off because the damned thing was so loud! :evil:  :evil:   BTW, she growled at taylor today!!! :(

awesome pics everyone!  thanks for finally sharing Bec-you little aussie hottie!
Andrea
Taylor-Textbook Baby
DOB 04/19/05

Sydney-too soon to tell, but looking EASY
DOB 05/20/07

Offline hayes

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
March/April 05 Thread #2
« Reply #1129 on: November 22, 2005, 06:04:54 am »
Great pictures everyone.  Can't wait to see more as Christmas time gets closer.
Holly-Hope your sister is okay and you are getting some sleep.
I am up for changing the chat day not that I have ever been on it...
Ankie-Oh my, I wish someone was up so I could have laughed with them about the frozen BM.   I couldn't believe all of the thoughts that were running through my mind. 
Cathy-I have only BF and got the monthly visitor this month.  I think because I fed Ben EBM and only pumped out 2oz at the feeding time.  I wasn't willing to sit there for another 40 minutes to get more milk.  I had never had bad cramps but oh my I felt like I was in labor this month.  Even had to take some tylenol.  Not too heavy but I am on the pill, low estrogen.  I am anxious to see what happens next month.  SOrry for the TMI everyone.
I too have tasted my BM and so has DH.  Very sweet, I was surprised.  It must be because I am such a sweetie, ha ha.  ANYWAY-I have smelled sour breast milk and it smelled A LOT different from the strange non sour frozen BM, hope that makes sense.
I am off to San Diego tomorrow to be with both sides of the family.  Should be interesting with my IL's, I am constantly dodging MIL and trying to stay sane at their house.
Good night.
macaire

Offline Little Bear's Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
  • Daniel's birthday is 11 April 2005
March/April 05 Thread #2
« Reply #1130 on: November 22, 2005, 07:32:35 am »
Hi, I've just found out today I can get a flight up to Auckland on Friday and return the following Friday. DH is going away for work over the same time period and there's an airforce plane going up that I can get on. Yay. I won't be home by myself for a week. Now I'll just have to make sure I pack lightly so they let me on. I rang my mum and she was so excited. I thought about surprising her and just turning up, but she likes to enjoy the lead up of me coming and it gives her something to get excited about.

Daniel is becoming quite the little travel-baby.

I'm okay for most days for the chat. Just let me know.

As for how DH and I met..... how's this for soppy.... he was the best man at my cousin's wedding! I wasn't the bridesmaid, so it's not too over the top here, I was a guest. I spotted the best man when I got there. Some of my cousins and family decided to find out if he was single and did some 'research'. I found out he was, then when he came to fill up my glass of bubbles while I was dancing, my friend immediately took the opportunity to leave me with him on the dancefloor. We didn't leave each others side until the next day. That night we ended up lying under the stars on a deck at the bach where I was staying (we were in the country 5 hours from home). Very romantic! We returned to Auckland separately, that night he called me and we talked for 2 hours. I think it's the longest phone call he's ever made!  :lol: We started dating and the rest is history.... We were married after 5 years on 14 Feb 2004.

So that's my story.

As for Christmas, I couldn't resist and played my Christmas CDs today. Daniel loved them. I think it was the music not my singing he liked.

:lol:

Gotta go, DH wants computer.
Hayley
Ohakea, New Zealand

Offline Jayri

• Showing Appreciation 20
March/April 05 Thread #2
« Reply #1131 on: November 22, 2005, 12:13:23 pm »
just wanted to pop on quickly, see bec,I knew you were a hottie, I guess it comes with the territory on this thread.
I am up for changing the night of chat too, anynight is good for me, tho I won't be able to stay long on there tho as I start my new job on monday(next week). I am just running around getting things ready, I have to get my hair cut, buy make up( I have none), and buy some more dress clothes. I have worked in a uniform for so long that I only have a typical sahm look, jeans and tshirt.
Well ladies, I am off for now...will talk to you later you hotties... :lol:  :lol:   :P  :P
Naomi mum to ds 17.06.03 and dd 26.03.05
&dh together since 23.02.01
[img=http://www.snugglepie.com/ezb/158880.png]http://www.snugglepie.com/ezb/158880.png[/img]

[url=http://www.snugglepie.com][img=http://www.snu

Offline B&BMommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Ontario Canada
March/April 05 Thread #2
« Reply #1132 on: November 22, 2005, 14:08:08 pm »
Good Morning  :)

Jody - what story are you reading the girls at nap time to put them to sleep so quickly...just have to know....lol...share pls :wink:
Did you give the girls any medication for their colds, otc stuff at all, to help them out?? Thanks for the cold cure vibes...much needed....

Cathy - we had the NASCAR race on here at our home on Sunday too...big race fans in our house, actually my parents were also down at the race... :lol:
As for AF....I've had it the past two months....pretty intense :( I'm still BF Brady, but only twice a day now, the rest he takes a bottle, so I think its here to stay now.

Nancy - Glad Olivia is feeling better, thanks for letting me know her appetite was during the cold, it makes me feel a bit better, knowing this is probably normal.

Well, all in all, we had a pretty good nite....last bottle at 7:00, bed at 7:30, asleep at 8:00, up again at 9:00 for about half an hour.
asleep till 12:30am, woke for about 1.5 hours, back in bed by 2:00am, and slept till 7:00am....this is a first for us.....I can't believe it....Yah!!!! I"m dancing right now...lmao....I'm hoping this keeps up.....I know it can be better, hoping with time....but after 8 months of hardly any sleep at all, this was a blessing.... :D

Holly - Mom of Brady - Our Touchy/Spirited/Textbook Little Boy - Born March 20 2005

Also Mom to 5 Angels in Heaven

Offline Olivia's Mommy

• Showing Appreciation 8
March/April 05 Thread #2
« Reply #1133 on: November 22, 2005, 16:57:07 pm »
Thanks for all the comments that Liv is probably just off her schedule. Even as I typed it, I thought, of course that's it, but sometimes you just need to hear it from someone else, KWIM?

We're still off a bit. DH is back to work today (and I've got so much done this morning!) But Liv only took a 35 minute nap. We have a Mommy group this afternoon, so she probably won't get a good one then either. She's also been waking early in the mornings...6:30 compared to her usual 7:30. I suppose with the holidays and us traveling this week, I should just forget trying to do anything about it until we get back. She's never been off routine for this long (with sickness, PLUS the holiday). I hope it doesn't take too long to get her back on track when we get back.

Sounds like you guys have so much fun in the chats...I need to join you sometime. Maybe after Thanksgiving.

Well, better go get ready...have to leave soon. Have a great day everyone!
Nancy
Missouri, USA

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
March/April 05 Thread #2
« Reply #1134 on: November 22, 2005, 16:58:56 pm »
Hi girls - been busy the past few days and DH has been monopolizing the computer (applying to grad school! - we'll see how that goes - it would mean BIG changes if he gets in) --

Anyway...
Holly - YAY on the good sleep - fingers crossed that it continues - as for colds, I just run the humidifier in Katie's room when she's sleeping and put some eucalyptus oil in there to help with the congestion.  I also elevated the head of her crib (which would work better if she actually stayed there instead of turning all over the place!).  I took her to the doctor for her last cold and he said that if you give them anything that it just surpresses their ability to cough stuff up and might lead to them getting sicker.  Of course, if he gets an ear infection or something, then that's a different story.

Nancy - good to see you back

Hayley - loved the story

Ankie - are you still getting bitten?  Katie has done that a few times lately as well with all those new teeth.  Wow, does it hurt.  Then she cries when I take her off.  I hope she stops soon (both of them actually).

Just went upstairs to get Katie and she was kneeling in her crib, grabbing the top rail.  Seems like it's time to move the mattress down again.  I wonder how long until she's standing?

To get Katie to take the bottle, I just offered an ounce or so at every feeding for a few weeks and nursed when she refused.  She took it eventually.  Oh, I've tasted breast milk too - just tastes like sweet milk. 

Andrea - love the idea for lots of black, white, and grey stuff.  Katie's favorite newborn onesie of mine that someone gave to us said "I suck, therefore I am."

Jo - Hope your nights are going better.  Katie rarely even sleeps as much as 3 hours during the day if that helps - more likely she'll sleep only around 2.5.

We're off to Buffalo to see the in-laws for our Thanksgiving tomorrow.  My MIL is such a pack rat, I think I'm going to spend the next 5 days trying to convince Katie not to eat all of her stuff. 

Sorry to have missed the chat again.  I'd be up to moving it to another night...or another time if it's more convenient for others.

Offline M&M'sMom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
    • http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/t/thomastwinsicles/
March/April 05 Thread #2
« Reply #1135 on: November 22, 2005, 17:23:44 pm »
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the States... my best friend was just visiting from Portland ans she said that the holiday is always on a thursday? What an odd day to have off, then have to go back to work for one, and off again... silly silly.... but still a day off right!

Not that a lot of us mom's know what holidays are.. I don't even know when the weekend is anymore! Dh works a 4 days on-4days off schedule so he doesn't really know weekends either!

I am getting a little excited- we are having a BW MEET-Up tommorow!!! Here in Edm! MomtoEllaRose is in town from Vancouver, albertasweetpea, and Mommy4life are going to be there too!

Holly as for the books we read to the girls... they love books that rhyme... we have a great one called "Silly Sally" ( I could recite it to you if you'd like, read it enough times!) and they love Robert Munch ( okay may I LOVE Robert Munch books... My parents read them to me when I was little....). I claimed yesterday that the girls just fall right asleep... well Mais talked, sqwalked and blew rasberrys on her hand for an HOUR this morning... ggrrrrrr! Didn't wake Maky though!  As for over the counter meds... only used the homeopathic stuff for colds... every now and then a 1/2 shot of tylenol (in case of a sinus headache???) But the brand of natural stuff I use is called BOIRON ( I can remember if I posted this already?) and it's called "Coryzalia". It is for congestion, clears the nose up within 1/2 hour!!! Then they arent coughing because there isn't any snot in their throats (TMI!)... HTH

I am having some night time issues and I am really hoping they are from teeth... Maisie is still waking at 3ish and SCREAMING her little head off... She doesn't want a bottle, she wants her sucky and a cuddle (and some orajel!) .. but they never ever have wanted their suckys, they have never been given them at bed, they are in their crib (the suckys) and they will grab them the ODD time and put them in their mouths, but I don't think they are dependant on them... WHAT IS IT? Teething has never bothered her this much-ever!

HMMM????

Sorry so freakin long...

Jody
Maisie Lyn Caroline (angel)
March 19/05 6:16 am
Makaylee Lyn Jennifer (angel)
March 19/05 6:21 am

Offline sophieandhannah

• BW Devotee
  • Washington USA
March/April 05 Thread #2
« Reply #1136 on: November 22, 2005, 17:38:50 pm »
Only have time for a quickie :)
Sophie is rolling around on the bedroom floor and she keeps winding up under the bed!

It sounds like people are up for moving the chat?  Anyone up for changing it to Monday or even Friday ?(I know, pathetic...dh plays hockey until late...again selfish of me) Or Tuesday...but then that's two chats in a row.  What do you think?

Dh put dd in bed with me this am and we went back to sleep from 6:30-8:30!!! Yikes.  I sayed up really late last night, went grocery shopping cleaned the kitchen etc.  It's hard not to take advantage of those evening hours when baby is sleeping.  But now who knows what our day will hold??  I think I'll try to put her down for her first nap by about  10 or 10:30 and then maybe it will be short.
She is kind of a sleepaholic sometimes.  I know that I should not really be reporting that when so many moms are having sleep issues, but truly, I am sometimes concerned because I have a sneaking suspicion it may be due to my depression meds??  Has anyone ever heard that? Although she's getting so much formula now, not only ebm...I guess we'll see.
Babies' habits are like the weather in Washington...if you don't like it just wait 5 minutes :) It'll change!
Hannah

Offline sophieandhannah

• BW Devotee
  • Washington USA
March/April 05 Thread #2
« Reply #1137 on: November 22, 2005, 17:41:12 pm »
I can't wait to hear about the BW meet up Jody...soo envious!  Have fun.
Hannah
And hears to good health for all the babes with colds!
Funny, Sophie just discovered the springy door stopper :)

Offline kate585

• Showing Appreciation 78
  • My darling redheads!!!
March/April 05 Thread #2
« Reply #1138 on: November 22, 2005, 19:24:26 pm »
Hi, girls!   

Monday would be fine with me for chatting.  I think you're right, Hannah, two nights in a row might be too much for the dh's!   :lol:   

Holly, CONGRATULATIONS!  5 hours in a row.  You must feel like that old guy who slept under the tree...what's his name?  I keep thinking Rumpelstiltskin (way off on the spelling!) but I know it's not him.  Anyway, way to go...stick with it and you'll be getting even more sleep!

Jody, have fun at your meet up.  I am so jealous!!!  Yes, Thanksgiving is always the last Thursday in November.  Most people get or take Friday off, so it makes for a short work week and a long weekend.  Pretty nice, actually! 

Gotta go.  Little Tiny Boy Friend is awake.   :D   (Shout out to Hannah!)
Kate,

Offline james030405

• Showing Appreciation 22
  • James' birthday is 3rd April 2005
March/April 05 Thread #2
« Reply #1139 on: November 22, 2005, 19:57:23 pm »
Good luckand have fun with the BW meet up :)   Jo (Frasersmum) and I did it and it was nice to have someone else who understood PU/PD, spirited, touchy, grumpy etc......... :P

Happy Thanksgiving everyone in America.  Eat and drink for everyone!!!

James has decided to "sleepin" today (it is almost 6am).  :P As for bedtime routines, I have found that 15-20mins before James bedtime, we do "quite cuddles" (I even have DH saying this :lol: ) which usually means getting him off the floor because otherwise, he will just keep going and going.........(just like the Energizer Bunny as Jo said) and do things like look at the dog, wash bottle etc.  Then I go into his room where there is a nightlight on and a lamp.  I say thank you for a lovely day, we stand in the room for a few minutes, then we turn the lamp off, lay him in bed and say good night etc and then I turn the night light off.  Most of the time, he doesn't do anything except for roll around and other times he might cry for a few minutes and then he goes to sleep. Naps are another story though...... :shock:  I have found the shorter the bedtime routine the better.  I think this might be the spirited part :?

Anyway, have a lovely catch up wiht BW and thanksgiving.

Chat soon

Lisa mum to James my textbook/spirited koala
[url=http://lilypie.com][/url]