Author Topic: March/April 05 Thread #2  (Read 143354 times)

FrasersMum

March/April 05 Thread #2
« Reply #855 on: November 15, 2005, 03:45:17 am »
Ah thank goodness for Hannah!!

Here I was thinking I was the only bad mum who doesn't remember what my child weighs - I KNOW he was 7lb 8oz at birth.  But at 6 months, I do not remember (and the Dr didn't write it in my book).  He looks healthy to me though so I'm not worried  :)  I'm fairly certain he would have at least doubled his birth weight though (he's a heffalumpa!!)

So we are going out tonight for dinner (with F).  I am PETRIFIED!  But I know this is my anxiety talking and really everything will be ok.  He's bound to be an angel, and if he isn't - well, what does it really matter right.  I really have to get over myself.

DS and DH had swimming lessons today - oh, how cute.  And what a great way to tire out the baby!!  We are heading into a long hot summer and Christmas at the beach ( :roll: don't even go there with the anxiety that is already causing me) so being used to the water will be a great thing.

Love to all
Jo

Offline sophieandhannah

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 10
  • Washington USA
March/April 05 Thread #2
« Reply #856 on: November 15, 2005, 03:47:51 am »
Glad I could help you out there Jo :)

Offline Taylor's Mommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • Long Beach, CA
    • http://www.taylormadellc.com
March/April 05 Thread #2
« Reply #857 on: November 15, 2005, 03:49:30 am »
Hi ladies,
So when I started to post today it was at 83 pages, and the internet went down.  Then every time I tried to post again another page was added, and yes the internet was down! :evil:   So I've had lots of catch up reading that I will never be able to comment all on...but here goes.

First, SO SORRY I MISSED THE CHAT!  But, my mom surprised us and came over to watch Taylor so we could go to the movies :D   We had mexican dinner with margaritas :wink:  and then saw DERAILED.  Good movie-make all your DH's see it because it will stop them from ever thinking about having an affair!! :lol:  :lol:   So needless to say I had a good excuse for missing the chat...but I really did miss you guys.
 :?: Did I see in an earlier psot that someone got kicked out of here because of bad behavior?  What is all that about?

Taylor was 7.8 at birth and at 6 months she was 18lbs.  She doubled her birth weight by 4 months! :shock:   My little chubster :lol:

Updates in our house: Friday and Saturday she dropped her dream feed (meaning she didnt' wake up and we just went with it).  Like Cole, she has been waking for her "DF" for the last 2 months and it is quite frustrating because I feel like she is always feeding to sleep.  Anyhow, she slept till 6 am both nights and then quick feed and back to bed till 7:30.  Great huh?  Well last night she woke at 10 and 11 and would not go back down after 11, so I fed.  Actually DH and I didn't have the patience to do PU/PD because we were in the mood KWIM?!?! :wink:   After the date night we thought we woudl end it properly!  hope that is not too much info. for some.   :)
So we are going to wait until this weekend where she will officially be 7 months and start weaning the damned DF. 

Other than that all is okay.
I have included a couple of pics per Hannah's request :)

Richelle-congratulations on TTC!  I am so happy for you and will keep my fingers crossed.  These babes are so addictive aren't they?

Ankie-gosh I am so sorry and hope tonight goes better.  please keep us posted.  we love to be here for you.

Traci-hope the PU/PD is going better.
Judy-please give us an udpate on the regression.  Hang in there :wink:
Jody-Welcome!
Hayley-will have to try the macaroni toy...sounds great!  sorry abotu the appliance death :cry:
Becca-let us know what the sleep expert says.
Naomi-hope Riley is doing better and not giving you such a hard time.

I think that is all my brain can remember at this point.  Sorry for leaving anyone out!

Have a great night
Andrea
Taylor-Textbook Baby
DOB 04/19/05

Sydney-too soon to tell, but looking EASY
DOB 05/20/07

Offline M&M'sMom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
    • http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/t/thomastwinsicles/
March/April 05 Thread #2
« Reply #858 on: November 15, 2005, 03:58:01 am »
Wow Judy Kaia and Hannah were an awesome size for twins!!

Maisie was born 4lbs 14oz she is now close to 17lbs at 8 months
Makaylee was born 4lbs 7oz and is also the same weight as Mais 17lbs.

The Doc said they are in the 55th percentile for weight and the 95th Percentile for HEIGHT!!! ( they were 27 inches at 7 months!)

Heres to a good night sleep, we are battling 2 colds, 1 tooth coming in for Mak and 2 for Mais, we could be in for a rough night!

Jod
Maisie Lyn Caroline (angel)
March 19/05 6:16 am
Makaylee Lyn Jennifer (angel)
March 19/05 6:21 am

Offline sophieandhannah

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 10
  • Washington USA
March/April 05 Thread #2
« Reply #859 on: November 15, 2005, 04:02:47 am »
OK, yes I'm officially pathetic..I'm still here getting all excited every time someone new posts...

Just had to say it seems like most of our little ones are really tall/long...everyone in the 95-100%???? 

Alright, really, it's time for me to move on to the tv :)  MUCH more productive.
Night.
Andrea good to hear from you...pics didn't work.
Hannah

Offline Taylor's Mommy

• Long Beach, CA
March/April 05 Thread #2
« Reply #860 on: November 15, 2005, 04:05:01 am »
sorry, here are the pictures.  one is at a wedding we went to recently and the other is from the pumpkin patch
Andrea
Taylor-Textbook Baby
DOB 04/19/05

DOB 05/20/07

Offline Taylor's Mommy

• Long Beach, CA
March/April 05 Thread #2
« Reply #861 on: November 15, 2005, 04:08:21 am »
Hannah, yes, Taylor is long too.  She was 28 inches a couple of weeks ago...100th percentile.  I am 5'10" and DH is 6'1"
Andrea
Taylor-Textbook Baby
DOB 04/19/05

DOB 05/20/07

Offline B&BMommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Ontario Canada
March/April 05 Thread #2
« Reply #862 on: November 15, 2005, 04:13:57 am »
Great Pictures Andrea, thanks for posting them.

I'm with you Hannah, I should be sleeping right now...lol..ok off to bed.

Holly - Mom of Brady - Our Touchy/Spirited/Textbook Little Boy - Born March 20 2005

Also Mom to 5 Angels in Heaven

Offline hayes

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
March/April 05 Thread #2
« Reply #863 on: November 15, 2005, 04:17:49 am »
Hello!  Adorable pictures everyone.
Hayley-I do solids around 1hr after milk and sometimes 1/2 hours.  Ben is officially on a solids strike.  He refused all solids today. 
Kate-The amount of sleep sounds great!  Sometimes Ben has extra long naps and total sleep time after lots of outdoor time, stimulation and poor sleeping the day before.
Roz-We dropped the DF pretty easily here.  I didn't take time away in increments, Ben just seemed to drink less milk as days went by then we stopped cold turkey.  He had a few 45 minute early wakings in the am but they went away after a week.
Jo-good for you going out for dinner.  A triplet mom friend of mine always tells me to remember when I go out that your baby is safe, well fed and being loved while you are away and you are gaining so much by being away.  HTH
Ben was 8 1/2lbs 22 inches at 6 months he was 28 1/4inches and 20 lbs
I am currently getting in trouble for being on the computer too much with my cyber friends.  He says he is joking but his feelings are hurt that I am not paying attention to him while he is watching football.  ARGGGG :twisted:
Ben is having lots of trouble with different textures of food.  Green beans always make him gag and he has lately been having problems with the melting stars.  Any advice?  I am nervous to do any finger foods because he is gagging on stuff.  I was imagining today that he would never eat anything but milk because of his refusal to take any solids :cry:
I have figured out that TTC has something to do with pregnancy but what does it mean.
Happy days to you and lots of sleepies.
macaire

Offline Little Bear's Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
  • Daniel's birthday is 11 April 2005
March/April 05 Thread #2
« Reply #864 on: November 15, 2005, 04:48:19 am »
Macaire - ttc = Trying To Conceive.... but I'm not !!! Not yet anyway.... :lol:
Hayley
Ohakea, New Zealand

Offline solnme

• Showing Appreciation 4
March/April 05 Thread #2
« Reply #865 on: November 15, 2005, 04:53:32 am »
Whew, I've caught up on everybody.  You can't miss a day on this thread, it's like missing out on your favourite show!

Hi Jody, your LOs are too cute.  My girlfriend just had twins and the poor thing hasn't slept for months.

Traci - hee hee, you have Mommy Brain  :D

Hannah - Congrats to Sophie on clapping. 

Hayley - got to try the toy.  Right now Lo's fav toys are his socks.

Ankie - you poor thing.  I hope you'll have a better night tonight.  You're doing a great job and are an inspiration to others to never give up.  Just think how triumphant you'll feel when this developmental stage passes.

Lots of napping Mums today.  I too got a 1/2 hr in while Sol slept for 2.5 hrs :shock: I think its because he refused to nap yesterday and was up until 9:30 Saturday night.
You'd figure we'd all be well rested after a (long) weekend with DHs to help us out.  yeah right!  The extra child on Sat/Sun REALLY takes it out of me.

thanks for the DF info everyone.  Sol sounds alot like your LO maclaire so i'll try dropping it next week.

Weight - Sol was 9lbs at birth and is now 20 lbs 27 inchs @ 6 1/2 months.  Time for a new car seat!  I feel like he's too small for a front sitting one but the max says 20lbs.  Anyone else still using a rear seater?
Roz

Sol  Enzo - Born April 29, 2005

Reese Ivana - Born June 4, 2007

Offline hayes

• Showing Appreciation 4
March/April 05 Thread #2
« Reply #866 on: November 15, 2005, 05:03:45 am »
ah hah!  After I read the explanation I remember what is happening to brain as I have little adult contact throughout the day!  Our house is having the TTC itch but I think we are going to hold off a little.  I had a nice little monthly visitor this morning.  (sorry tmi) Couln't believe it since I have been on BC since Ben was 1 month and solely BF and it didn't happen until today.  Hope that isn't a message letting me know that something might happen soon :roll: Okay off to bed.
macaire

Offline hayes

• Showing Appreciation 4
March/April 05 Thread #2
« Reply #867 on: November 15, 2005, 05:07:26 am »
I was almost to bed...
Roz-Ben is in the rear facing carseat that goes up to 40lbs.  He can't face front in it until he is a year old and a certain weight.  i couldn't lug around the other carseat any longer.  He has been in the new seat for about a month. 
macaire

Offline Taylor's Mommy

• Long Beach, CA
March/April 05 Thread #2
« Reply #868 on: November 15, 2005, 05:12:03 am »
Sol, in USA it is the law that they have to be rear facing until they are at least 1 year old.  So we moved from the infant carrier kind to the convertibel type that can go rear facing under 1 year and then forward facing after 1 year.  We got the Britax Marathon.
Andrea
Taylor-Textbook Baby
DOB 04/19/05

DOB 05/20/07

Nikki~Nathan&Danielle

March/April 05 Thread #2
« Reply #869 on: November 15, 2005, 05:35:06 am »
Yep, rear-facing here until 1 yr as well.  Danielle is still in her capsule since she's still light enough for it, but we will soon fit the convertable seat in which will rear-face until 12mths.