Author Topic: Got Rid of Bottle at 26 months - Now not drinking milk  (Read 1157 times)

Offline christinaruth123abc

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Got Rid of Bottle at 26 months - Now not drinking milk
« on: October 14, 2005, 23:59:41 pm »
Hi - I followed the advice in the babywhisperer book about cutting a slit in my son's bottle nipple to discourage the bottle.  I tried it and he was upset and now won't drink milk at all.  Uses a straw cup/sippy cups for juice, but that's it.  It's only been a few days.  I feel awful.  He wasn't hooked on his bottle.

I want to know if anyone went through anything similar with a 2 year old who was on a bottle, liked milk, then was off bottle and wouldn't touch milk.  Did he/she eventually drink milk again? How?  I need some hope and am really distressed about this.

Thank you in advance for any words of advice that are offered.

Christina
Mommy to Natalie 4 and Joseph 26 months.

Nikki~Nathan&Danielle

Got Rid of Bottle at 26 months - Now not drinking milk
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 03:39:37 am »
Can't help with the no milk now issue, but when I stopped bfing my son at 14mths I never introduced him to a sippy of milk or anything.  It is ok to offer dairy alternatives - cheese, cottage cheese, yoghurt, sauces with milk in them (white/cheese sauce), milk on cereal etc.  This is what I do and just make sure he gets about 4 servings a day - it doesn't have to be a lot either.  I can't recall how much each of these provides as a comparison, but a google search might help.

How about if you flavour the milk with something and then wean out the flavour?

HTH