Author Topic: Early wakers ... what time is nap time?  (Read 1921 times)

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« on: October 15, 2005, 16:00:10 pm »
Carmela is up everyday between 6:00-7:00. She was going to bed at noon despite what time she woke up but lately I've been thinking of trying to move her 15 mins each day until she hits 11:00 a.m. because when she naps at noon, she sleeps anywhere from 1.5 to 2.5 hours...which is good but if she naps 2.5 hours she gives us an extremely hard time going to sleep at night....so 11:00 would be good to keep with the early bedtime, which I do think she needs.

So what time does your toddler wake up, go to nap, how long is nap and what time does he/she go to bed at night?

Offline Poppy & Lily

• Showing Appreciation 79
  • UK
Early wakers ... what time is nap time?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 16:49:45 pm »
Hi,

What age is your DD and what time is her bedtime?

My DD gets up between 7-7.30am, she has her nap after her lunch from about 1-2/2.30pm and then in bed by 7.30pm. 

xx
Poppy-lilys mum

http://b1.lilypie.com/rkqp0/.png[/img][/url]

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 23:20:50 pm »
Carmela is 18 months old and goes to bed between 6:45 and 7.

Offline Samismum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 09:11:37 am »
Sami is up between 6.00 - 6.30 and naps at 11am for 1.5 - 2.5hrs..he goes to bed between 6.45-7.00

I try to stay consistent with 11am nap regardless of wake up time. I also try not to run errands after 10am as he would fall asleep in buggy/car and nap would be shorter resulting in a cranky afternoon  :lol:  He is ready for his nap at 11am and is normally asleep within 5mins.

HTH

Offline elfin

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 10:37:38 am »
Myles is up normally around 6am, however he has gotten up as early as 5am.  He naps between 11:30 and 12 for 2.5 hours.  He then goes to bed by 7pm, but will go down earlier if he has not napped well.
Carrie

Myles 12/06/03

elfin@thebabywhisperer.com

Offline ryan's mum

• Showing Appreciation 374
  • North Wales U.K
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 12:26:46 pm »
ryan is up 7/7.30am and goes for his nap at 11.30/12.00 he will sleep for 1.5hrs/2hrs then he has a late dinner.this works well except for mondays and fridays when we attend mother and toddlers as this start 1.30pm til 3.30pm so he is often late.he used to go for a nap at 11.00am and sleep for 1.5hrs but we found he struggled to last the day then, he would be tired at 5pm and this was too late for another nap because it would affect his bedtime at 7.30pm.plus we found nap at 11.30/12.00 worked better as he falls straight to sleep.we had a problem with an early nap as like the previous poster we had to try and be back from errands on time or he would fall asleep in the car seat and only have a short nap.he is still asleep now so we will have to try and make a quick dinner and get to mother and toddlers.even if i try put him down early on these 2 days it takes untill his usual nap time to go to sleep.
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/tickers/tdb.php?tid=1032165&ignore=1[/img]Ryan James 9 Nov 2003

[img width= height=]http://lafemmebonita.com/blinkies//Pregnancy%20and%20Babies/ILoveMySon.gif[/img]

son , I may have silver in my hair but you are the gold in my heart .

Offline ella&jack'smum

• Showing Appreciation 54
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2005, 12:31:01 pm »
Jack is 18 mos, wakes normally at 6 (sometimes 5.30 - boo!!), although he burbles away by himself until 6.30-6.45 when we get him up. He naps generally from 12.30 until 2pm. He's then in bed by 7.30 - but sometimes still chattering away to himself at 8.30 - he doesn't seem to need that much sleep, more's the pity!
Sue

Ella Rose 07/09/02
Jack Rowan 15/03/04
Stratford upon Avon, England

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 10:42:10 am »
Come on ladies...post post post...I know there are more early wakers out there :)

Offline abwalk

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2005, 13:08:59 pm »
My 18 month old son went through a phase of early waking.  I read a post about it that worked!  I made his nap time later in the day and he actually started sleeping longer in the mornings.  He still went to bed at the same time.  Our current schedule is -

Up at 6:30 - 7:00
nap at 1:00   (it used to be 11:00)
awake at 3:30
bedtime at 7:30

I used to put him down for a nap at 11:00 because he was tired then, but  he adjusted to the 1:00 nap time and now sleeps longer in the morning.

Offline Khyan & Sahria's mum

• Showing Appreciation 10
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2005, 13:37:36 pm »
I'm pretty much in the same position with the early wakings but I have too have been told to lengthen the time from wake to nap so that is what I have done today and I guess I will find out tomorrow if there is any result, however I guess it will probably take a couple of days of consistency.

Before today Khyan was waking at between 4.30 - 5.30am and having his nap around 10/10.30am and then going to bed at 6.30/7pm depending on the length of his nap.

So today he woke at 5am and went to sleep at 12noon (he did have about 5mins sleep at around 10am) I was aiming for a nap of 11.30am but he would have none of it  :roll:

I am crossing my fingers that tomorrow will be later than 5.30am but I'm not holding my breath as he is losing his voice and pulling at his ears AGAIN !  :cry:
Michaela
Khyan & Sahria's Mummy

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2005, 14:23:55 pm »
I'm sorry I wasn't more clear.  My issue is with naps, not wake up time.  We're satisfied with the 6-7 wake up time in the morning.  Thanks :)