Author Topic: Can I stop the dream feed cold turkey?  (Read 1294 times)

Offline mango_baby

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Can I stop the dream feed cold turkey?
« on: October 15, 2005, 17:08:12 pm »
As a transistion for my spirited lo I introduced a dream feed when we started EASY and PD at 11 months. I did this because he was waking every 1 1/2 to 2 hours to nurse all night long. I felt that if I only gave him ths dream feed it would help. And it did. It solved everything.
Now that I have been trying to eliminate this I have used the suggestions from Tracy's book, but as I made the time earlier, he began waking up at 12am like he did before the dream feed. so, in fear of nights the way they used to be I went back to the old schedule.
I am BF and have no way of knowng how much my lo is getting. I have increased his food during the day to make up for the amount decreased at night, but he doesn't always want more food.
I don't know what to do. I have to stop the dream feed, but he has come to rely on it, sometimes waking up at the exact time I give it to him.
Help. what do I do.
Can I stop the dream feed cold turkey and just do PD when he wakes up until he gets the message?

Any suggestions would be appreciated
Thanx,
melissa

Offline Johno & Aurelias Mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 49
Can I stop the dream feed cold turkey?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 18:09:34 pm »
Yes is straight answer.  If you tried it the other way and it didn't suit then lots of people do stop cold turkey.  Like you say, if you have a problem, do PD to sort it.

How long did LO feed at the dreamfeed?  Did it feel like a proper feed or just comfort?  If it felt like a decent amount, try and slot in an extra one before bed for a few weeks and see if that helps.
Jenny