Author Topic: New here...DD is 13 months old...nothing has worked  (Read 1096 times)

Offline Sylvie

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
New here...DD is 13 months old...nothing has worked
« on: October 16, 2005, 03:35:01 am »
Hello,
I am new to this board.  I also belong to Breastfeeding.com and the No Cry sleep solution boards.  I feel like I have tried everything and nothing works.  I don't believe in CIO and I have been cosleeping.  I am back at work now and not getting enough rest. DD wakes 4-5 times/night (at least) and doesn't nap well at home.  Someone who belongs to this forum posted about her success on another board and it inspired me to revisit The Babywhisperer method.  I HAVE to get DD night weaned and sleeping in a crib by Christmas.  I am also trying to concieve and all this nursing at night has prevent AF from returning.  Anyway, I put the crib back to gether tonight and plan to get her started in there with naps tomorrow.  She naps just fine on her own at daycare but at home she won't nap anymore unless we take her out in the car. Oh well...wish me luck.
PS. How many posts do I need before I can add an avatar?

dd-Chantal Nivene born 18/09/04

Offline Maddy's Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
    • The Family Website
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 01:45:33 am »
Hi there and welcome to the board - you can add your avatar straight away, theres no certain no. of posts needed. How are things going? What are your plans for getting DD weaned at night and sleeping in her crib?

Have you tried Pick Up/Put Down?

Dee
x

Offline Sylvie

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 02:41:48 am »
I was going to try PU/PD this weekend but it didn't happen.  I was out for dd's nap time and hubby didn't want to try it so he slept with her.  I will try again this week maybe.  We are going away next weekend and it would be nice if she slept in a crib...yeah right!
PS  I added my avatar but my signature doesn't show up?  I used a snugglepie ticker.

dd-Chantal Nivene born 18/09/04