Author Topic: Has anybody tried the Mam bottles?  (Read 1280 times)

Offline cammynabby

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Has anybody tried the Mam bottles?
« on: October 17, 2005, 14:13:47 pm »
My 6mo dd has a hard time switching from bottle to breast (trust me, I've tried just about EVERYTHING) so about the only thing I have left to try is more types of bottles (we've tried 5-6 types already.)  I am interested in the Mam bottles because she really likes her Mam paci -- hoping that she'll take to the bottle just as easily.  But I can only order them online -- I haven't found them in any stores around here.  Has anyone tried them?  What do you think?  Any problems with leaking?  did your dd/ds like them?
Abigail Marie -- Jul. 29, 2003
Andrea Nicole -- April 14, 2005

Offline woopster

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 398
  • 4 gone...how many more?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 19:17:35 pm »
Are you talking about the bottles that separate into bits? We used these.  They were ok, but as the plastic is very thick, they took ages to heat up.  No fun at night with 2 screaming babies!
They were also a pain to clean and took up so much room in the steriliser.
I also found that if you heated them up in hot water, some of the water collected in the base and dripped out when feeding.
Harry: 29 July 2003
Lydia: 28 June 2005
Sam:  28 June 2005
David: 28 June 2005 - 12 August 2005
Daniel: 19 July 2007
That's all folks!
(Well, maybe another girl if I can convince DH!)

s_olano00

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 20:14:24 pm »
Hi,

I happen to use them, and I think they're OK. My DD is very picky and it took me ages to find a nipple that she liked. I almost had to buy all the brands in the market in order to find one that she would like. 

True about taking longer than usual to heat, but what I do is that I have a bottle heater next to my bed and I leave the bottle heating at the lowest temperature (DD likes her bottles warm, not hot). Also, an advantage of the plastic being so thick is that it keeps the milk warm for longer.

Also true about the spilling, but what I do is that since I take the bottle out of the bottle heater that has water, I have to wipe them anyway, so I don't have any extra spills.

They have a lot of parts due to the air valve, but I put up with that because thanks to the air valve DD swallows a very little amount of air when eating and therefore, I don't need to burp her. Also, by washing part by part I feel more confident that the bottles are 100% clean - without soap/milk residues.

About the space thing.... well, I never thought of that.... I have a microwave steriliser that will only hold 3 bottles at the time, so I have to sterilise the bottles in various batches anyway ..

Good luck!