Author Topic: Getting Started at 5 months  (Read 851 times)

Offline Beata

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 24
Getting Started at 5 months
« on: October 16, 2005, 17:36:08 pm »
I have a wonderful 5 month girl. Generally she is quite cheerful. The last month to 6 weeks I have slowing started going insane due to erratic sleep patterns. First of all, she is able and very often does go to sleep on her own, both during naps and at bedtime (7ish). But sometimes I feed her before bath and wind down time, and sometimes after. If she falls asleep feeding I'll jostle her awake before putting her down in her crib. Secondly, she sometimes needs her paci at nap and bedtimes, but has recently been rejecting it. Third, I generally follow E.A.S.Y but night times are atill insane. Sleep at 7, wakes 1-2 hours later crying terribly (I can't figure out why), then at about 11, 1, 3, 4, 6. Sometimes she wakes playing and I leave her be, but after 30-45 minutes she starts to call for me. I try not to feed except at 11 and 3, but sometimes I give in. Question is...where so I start retraining? Naps or night? And should I start pu/pd right away? Is it effective when both my dh and I want to work on it? Finally, how long should I keep her awake between naps.  Thanks for ANY advice. Beata from Florida

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Getting Started at 5 months
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 17:52:09 pm »
hi there,

here are a couple of things you can read to help you get started:

http://www.babywhisperer.com/forum/a-special-sleep-interview-with-tracy-hogg-vt451.html

http://www.babywhisperer.com/forum/the-dirty-dozen-12-reasons-pu-pd-wont-work-vt36950.html

you're going to need to form a plan of action before you start anything.  these links, along with tracy's 3rd book have lots of ideas to help you plan.

the main thing is to stick to the plan once you start it.  your baby will protest at first because you're changing the rules - it will be up to you to help her learn the new way of soothing and sleeping, etc.

good luck & HTH  :D
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy