Author Topic: Tired  (Read 1063 times)

Offline shem2005

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 17, 2005, 00:16:29 am »
My DD (4 1/2 months) is doing fairly well on the EASY routine, she is fed 4 hourly and manages between 1  20 to 1 45 of awake time.

The first activity time of the morning she seems so tired (i know this is common), but she starts getting whingy and yawning after 40 minutes, Then th next 40 minutes is taken up by me trying to amuse her. If i put her down earlier than 1 hr 20 min she does not do a full sleep.

We wake her at 7am everyday - do you think i could maybe adjust her morning wake up time and this will help with her activity time? So if i let her sleep till 7.30am would this help her?

She goes to bed at 7pm so she is getting 12 hours overnight, no wakeups except for a little talking around 5 am. Does she need more overnight sleep?

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Tired
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 18:14:30 pm »
off the top of my head....

i woudln't wake her in the morning if i didn't have to.  if your days allow her to sleep a little more, i'd do it.  some babies do need a little more sleep. 

yes, it is common for that first activity period to be short.  as she gets a little older, you will notice that throughout the day A times will be different, and longer as the day goes on. 1hr 20min is fine for the first wake up time.

HTH a little!  :D
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy