Author Topic: Which feed do you count 4hrs from?  (Read 1397 times)

Offline Debprins

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • And now there are two...
Which feed do you count 4hrs from?
« on: October 17, 2005, 03:42:33 am »
This may be silly but when i feed my lo for eg at 7am cereal then 8am Bottle i count her next meal as four hours from the 8am feed but after being on this site reading everyones schedules it seems they count from the origional feed? could anyone give me any suggestions or let me know if this is wrong? I guess if i counted from origional feed it would be 5hr easy?

Nikki~Nathan&Danielle

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 04:01:40 am »
Hi, the 4hr EASY refers to the milk feeds.  So 7, 11, 3, 7 and then the solid feeds are slotted in the middle of them ie 8, 12, 5.  Oh, after rereading your question, I guess the confusion is because you do solids before milk.  I don't think it would really matter when you give the feeds then as long as you're still doing 4 milk feeds a day.  However, here in NZ we're not recommended to do solids before milk until 9-10mths - of course not sure what the Aussie rec is.

HTH :D

Offline Debprins

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 04:57:36 am »
She only has 3 bottles a day with breakfast lunch and dinner and i tend to feed her like this:
6am Bottle
8am cereal with apple and abit of yogurt. drink  water
12/12.30 Veges or fruit or avo + bottle
4/4.30 dinner usually veges + SIps of water
6/6.30 Bottle and bed
I'm so confused. I could give her an extra bottle at the 4pm which i have done before and give her dinner later but it sometimes means she's too tired to eat properly.

Nikki~Nathan&Danielle

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 05:17:30 am »
Is 3 bottles the recommended amount for a 5mth old?  Sorry, I'm not too sure as far as advising on that since I breastfeed.  If she's getting the required amount of milk (because at this age it is still the most important form of nutrition - food is secondary) and she's content and growing then I'd say you're doing fine.  Tracy's 4hr schedule works as I suggested above.

HTH :)

Offline Debprins

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 05:38:03 am »
Thanks for your advice Nikki. I am going to reassess her routine..