Author Topic: 6.5 mths & suddenly screaming through naps...  (Read 1045 times)

Offline me and bean

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 12
6.5 mths & suddenly screaming through naps...
« on: October 17, 2005, 04:07:06 am »
my lo is a great night sleeper and usally a good napper.  but the last two days have been really different.  he does have a lot going on developmentally, just sat up today, and has just started rolling over the last couple weeks. 

usually i can put him down and leave the room and he'll talk for a bit and go to sleep.  if he rolls over and cries, i turn him back (cause he can't yet), and usually he goes to sleep.

now, he immediately rolls over, and screams, so i turn him over, and he screams louder.  the screaming just escalates, and he rolls more and more, and in the end he's completely exhausted, but can't stop crying.

i don't know what to do.  i am hesitant to pu/pd because i feel that that is just going to add to the overstimulisation.  or should i?

if i just put my hand on him, he just rolls underneath it, or worms his way out from under it and continues wailing and rolling...

is this just a phase?  did you all go through this too?

when he started rolling over in bed a couple weeks ago, i was really nervous and posted a question about it, and a few replies came back saying he will calm down in a week.  and he did.  he even slept a couple naps on his tummy or side.  but this screaming thing is new. 

and he's not afraid of the cot, i had him in there today under a mobile for a bit.  and he was totally happy.

no sign of teeth...

any thoughts?
Susan -
mum to michael, aka bean!  april 1st, 2005
and cope, october 15th, 2007

FrasersMum

6.5 mths & suddenly screaming through naps...
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 04:40:29 am »
Hi Susan

We are currently having exactly the same thing.  I am exhausted and completely sleep deprived - not to mention DS who I am ashamed to say I have held to sleep on a number of occasions just to get him to drop off to sleep.  I will watch for replies on this thread with interest.  So much work went into helping him learn to go to sleep - and now it all appears out the window.

At least we know we are not the only ones going through this....