Author Topic: Having to wake baby for feeding  (Read 1181 times)

Offline debra26

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Having to wake baby for feeding
« on: October 17, 2005, 10:54:40 am »
Could someone advise whether it is normal to have your baby on easy (we have a 4 wk old) and have to wake her for each feed, she is having 1 1/2 hrs to 2 hrs sleep after feed and activity but she nevers wakes up for feeds I have to wake her, is this normal?

Also I am breast feeding but cannot get her to take a dream feed. I am feeding at 6pm and bathing then feeding her again at 8.45pm (having to wake her though) then she wakes at 12.30 ish and 3.30 ish and then between 6.30 am and 7 am

Any ideas ( new mum!!)

Offline babesx2

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 21:48:55 pm »
hi debra

when our twins were that little we had to wake them for feeds otherwise theyd hav been asleep all day  (if id let them) and awake all nite.

cant help much with the dream feedin as i never had much sucess with that,couldnt do with out wakin them,am sure 1 of the other mums on here will b able help with it though

sarah x
oh just a thought could u push the dream feed abit later say 9.15-9.30 c if she bit more hungry by then mayb take it better,just a thought ?

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 02:22:37 am »
That is perfectly normal  :D   If you want, you could let her go 3.5 hrs too...she might be more ready to wake then.  If you aren't having luck with dreamfeed you may want to concentrate on the clusterfeed.

HTH  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom