Author Topic: waking earlier and earlier every night...  (Read 1136 times)

Offline alligirl

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
  • Our little lady!
    • My blog
waking earlier and earlier every night...
« on: October 17, 2005, 12:59:27 pm »
Z used to sleep till 7:30/8:00 every morning, then slowly he started waking earlier and earlier until he would wake at 6:30.  Then he jumped to waking at 6 (and then go back to sleep after nursing) and after a few days of 6am waking, he woke at 5am.  The night he woke at 5, I let him fuss off and on for about 20 minutes (he'll wail out for a couple seconds then be quiet for a minute or two :? ) then I went in to rub his back till he went back to sleep.  Then he was up again at 6, at which point I fed him.  THen last night he was up at 4.  I did the same back rub and he slept till 7:30.  So he's waking an hour earlier every day or couple of days.  There's not much different in his normal daytime routine and it's not a habit waking since it's getting earlier, right?  Anybody else deal with this and figure out what it was?  I htink we'll get it worked out in a few days, but I just have no idea what's going on....he'd been sleeping so well for several months.
Alli-
Stephen Alexander 01/27/03
Zachary Christopher 11/11/04
Marc-Adam Garrison 10/26/06
Genevieve Cathryn 05/07/09

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
waking earlier and earlier every night...
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 18:37:41 pm »
luke's a couple months younger than zachary, but every so often he does similar early wakings...  i think for the most part i've been able to chalk it up to developmental stuff.  once he was through it he went back to his normal waking times

i tried to treat all early wakings as night wakings, and keep him in the crib as close to the normal wake time as possible.  ended up doing the same with his afternoon nap too until everything straightened out.

HTH  :D
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy