Author Topic: Waking during night, standing up, and crying...what to do  (Read 1083 times)

Gigismom

Waking during night, standing up, and crying...what to do
« on: October 19, 2005, 15:56:47 pm »
hi
my 10.5 month dd has recently begun waking several times per night.  i think she is having a usual partial wakening, and instead of going back to sleep as she always does, she is grabbing the crib railing and standing up.  then she gets scared and confused and starts to cry.  we are going back in there, picking her up to comfort her briefly, putting her down and leaving.  she will cry for 10 seconds or so, then go back to sleep on her own.  it's not a big deal, but i just want to give the right response so it doesn't become a habit.  am i doing the right thing?  how long will this go on?  i know there have been posts on this before...

Offline elfin

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Waking during night, standing up, and crying...what to do
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 17:01:02 pm »
I think that what you are doing is fine.  My ds went through something similar to this at that age, and I'm not sure if it was seperation anxiety or night terrors.  I like you would just go in and reassure him, pick him up if need be, and then right back down again.  I think it only lasted a week or 2 and then he was fine again.

Good luck!
Carrie

Myles 12/06/03

elfin@thebabywhisperer.com