Author Topic: new here, need help....  (Read 1055 times)

Offline ErinSLP

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 17, 2005, 18:54:56 pm »
I'm sure this question is posted on here a lot, but here goes. My 9 month old has recently started waking up several times a night. First, she learned to sit up, but couldn't get back down.  Then she got two teeth. Then she had a cold!!! My husband and ai would go into her room and lay her back down, give her the binky, rub her back, etc. She used to sleep for 11 hours without making a sound. I want to do the right thing and not do any accidnetal parenting and create a problem that wasn't there in the first place. ANy advice?

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
new here, need help....
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 05:21:11 am »
Night wakeings are not uncommon particularly at this age & with variables such as you mentioned. The come & go for a long time & affect most babies
I thing the approach you are using is right - although maybe try with out the binky - although if she was going 11 hours it isn't causing the waking so it is safe to use - or alternatively teach her how to find it for herself... If you respond consistently with as minimal intervention as possible, it should resolve its self in not to long a time.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05