Author Topic: 7.5 mth spirited child and EASY gone wrong??  (Read 1149 times)

Offline herbst99

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
7.5 mth spirited child and EASY gone wrong??
« on: October 17, 2005, 20:30:02 pm »
Hi - we are struggling at this time with EASY - mostly due to to early nap after wake up ... and this nap is usually in the car to my work where I will let her sleep for 45min after which she will wake in the carseat. Anyway - here goes ... any advice will be appretiated

6:00/6:30 Wake - nappy change - Bottle and cereal
8:00/8:30 I leave for work with DD in carseat - drive for 15min (she usually will fall asleep in this time) and will then stay asleep in her carseat in the car (I work at my parents home - so pull in the garage and put monitor with her) I have tried getting her out as soon as we arrive and settling in her room - Not working .... also tried when she woke up after 45min to resettle in her room - NOT working ... and this TOTALLY throws the day!
8:45/9:15 Awake - Activity
10:00/10:30 Bottle
11:00/11:30 TIRED - so to bed - sleep for 45min - I help her resettle and will sleep another 45min
12:30/1:00 Awake - Solids
2:00/2:30 Bottle
2:30/3:00 TIRED again so - nap for 45min ... I sometimes will extend the awake before this nap or try and get her to nap another 45min ...
3:15/3:45 AWAKE - and activity - this is to long a stretch to keep her awake till bed at 7:00 so we fit in another catnap (30min)

I hope someone has a brilliant suggestion
Thanx!
Nikki - Mom of Lise and Cara

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 23:17:28 pm »
Hey Nikki - since you work from parents house have you thought of temporarily giving her bottle at home and getting ready and going to their house early enough to give her cereal there and put down for nap.  this way you get her there before she wants to fall asleep and since it is your parents house you can be more relaxed (unlike daycare where they are not as flexible). at least you don't throw the rest of the day out of whack.

then maybe over the next few weeks she will grow out of the need to fall asleep that early and can make it until you get to their house. HTH
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline herbst99

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 09:05:44 am »
Great idea!! I think I will try it ... only have a problem with doing that on Tue and Fridays as those are swimming days (class at 9:00!!!! I can't understand the reasoning for that but ... will have to addapt!)
Hope she learns to last longer soon!
Nikki - Mom of Lise and Cara