Author Topic: sleeping through......but disrupted daytime feeding  (Read 1181 times)

Offline queen rollo

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
sleeping through......but disrupted daytime feeding
« on: October 18, 2005, 14:04:51 pm »
my son is just over ten weeks old and has now started sleeping for at least 6 hours at night, however the result seems to be that his daytime feeding has gone from 3 hourly back to 2 hourly and he's started taking 4oz instead of the full six. he also seems very agitated when he becomes hungry.......he absolutely screams the house down while he's waiting for his bottle to warm up...

we haven't got a routine as such because we wanted to wait until the clocks go back to really start the routine in earnest.

i guess i'm looking for reassurance that this change in his habit is normal?

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 14:24:17 pm »
Hi! How are things going?  It sounds like maybe he's going through a growth spurt?

:D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline queen rollo

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 19:52:59 pm »
well i took him to be weighed on wednesday and he's doing fine (13lb 8oz) and i have no concerns about him in that respect. he is an extremely sicky baby which seemed to have got noticeably worse over the last week. my health visitor suggested i switch him to the next stage of formula and it has helped a bit.........he seems to only be very sicky after his afternoon feeds....he is still a little erratic as far as feeds go though.

he will go anywhere between 2 and 4 hours between feeds, and he really doesn't like to nap during the day....

he is really such a happy contented baby that i feel i shouldn't complain, but sometimes i find it mentally draining that he doesn't seem to be settling into a predictable pattern. thankfully now he's sleeping better at night i'm getting better sleep so daytime is easier to deal with  :)