Author Topic: every hour?  (Read 1001 times)

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
every hour?
« on: October 18, 2005, 14:43:50 pm »
Okay the last week Jency accumulated a routine or schedule or what ever. It lasted around a week.

He would go to bed around 8:15/8:30, wake at 11/11:30 (which I would give him his pacifier and he would go back to sleep, trying to get rid of this one), then wake at 1:00/1:30 to eat (fine with me), then wake at 2/3 screaming (although last time I just gave him some colic tablets and his pacifier and he went back to sleep, will try to get rid of this one), and then wake at 5/5:30 to eat (find with me, DH gets up at 5:30), then wake for the day at around 8am.

But last night he went to bed at 9pm (no water for bath till 8:30).
Then he was up every hour!!!  I only fed him the 2 times.  It's like he needs to patted inorder to go back to sleep each transition last night.
Is there a reason he did this?  Should I just see how tonight goes?

Also, how do I get rid of the original 11:30 and 3:00 wakings?
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
every hour?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 23:03:47 pm »
I think last night if he went to bed later than normal, he was actually doing "overtired wakeups"
He may also be going through a growthsprurt & need to feed more to bring up your supply
I think with the extra night wakeups you just have to keep consistent as to how you respond, if you thing it may be a growth spurt... feeding longer in the day, don't deny the night feeds for the first few nights.
The other thing is I think unfortunately it sounds like paci may be becoming a prop & that it is "promoting" the night wakings as he needs it to fall asleep from a light sleep cycle. So you might need to look at that as a potential issue. does he need it to fall asleep, does he wake up if it falls out & you have to re-insert it many times? if so it is definitely a problem
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05