Author Topic: don't know what else to try! heeeellllllllppppppppp....  (Read 3285 times)

Offline zayandme

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
don't know what else to try! heeeellllllllppppppppp....
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2005, 03:58:48 am »
cynthia beat me to it- how is his poop? has he been spitting up? Does he get formula or something with dairy in it? Sounds like a possible upset tummy to me.
Sarah,Mom of Isaiah, Textbook/Touchy
Jesus said, " Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
John 14:27

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2005, 10:21:17 am »
Reading this post My thought was seperation anxiety & possibly a late 6mo growth spurt.
With ds#1 around 7mo I used to have a mattress on the floor in his room if he woke up more than once a night I would sleep in there with him. after about 2 weeks of doing that the night wakings stopped for awhile (until he got sick - another story)
Aiden also had lots of tummy upsets in the early days of solids as he loved them & kept eating. Once I cut him back to smaller amounts he did fine, some babies intestines just don't mature as fast as others
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline chickadeebesty

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2005, 19:30:01 pm »
gosh, i just saw your replies...
things are much better.  i went back to very simple solids (sweet potatoes, rice cereal, and applesauce, basically) because he got a stomach virus, and wouldn't you know it, the night-wakings almost stopped!  now he's up around 12 and 5, and i dream feed both times.  i think you ALL were exactly right... tummy aches and sep. anx.!!!

my dh and i have also been a lot less hands-on when we go in to check on him.  we have been giving him 5 minutes (to cry, fuss, talk, etc.) and then go in a verbally soothe him or rub his back for about 2 minutes.  then leave, and only go back in 5 more minutes if he is still upset.   so far, we've only needed to go in once before he settles.  (he's also finally learned to sit by himself after pulling up- which used to be a big problem!)

thank you so much for replying.  i am absolutely addicted to this site, and have found so many posts soooooo helpful!

betsy