Author Topic: Need Support  (Read 1129 times)

Offline cwolff

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Need Support
« on: October 18, 2005, 16:12:27 pm »
Once again this is about swaddling. We went to both arms out and just legs wrapped on Friday night.  It's been up and down, but it's not getting any better.  Yesterday, at her afternoon nap I did finally have to swaddle her.  Just just kept thrashing and thrashing around until I wrapped her.  Then in the night, she wakes from 4am every half hour, sometimes more.  Her thrashing makes her spit the pacifier out, and I'm constantly in there replacing it.  I didn't want to take the paci and the swaddle away at the same time, so I am waiting for her to get used to being swaddle free.  But she's not!!  I thought this would take a couple of days and it's stretching on endlessly.  My DH is no help.  He's not the one up all night and here struggling all day, so he just says stick with it.  Or gives me a dirty look when he found out I swaddled her yesterday and said for me to call the pediatrician and let them tell me what to do.  So I just need support.  I know I am whining, but having no sleep and terrible naps for days just doesn't give me a lot of hope.

Offline Claire Marie's mommy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Need Support
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 01:09:29 am »
Hi, sorry you're having such a hard time.  And you're not whining. Its so frustrating because something that works one night doesn't work the next :evil: ! Maybe you've already done this, but have you tried leaving just one arm out? I started leaving one arm out on my dd at about 3 months so that she could find her fingers.  At that time we also started using a grow bag instead of just blankets.  It is made out of stretchy cotton so she can still move a bit, but she can't thrash.  After she got used to one arm out, I left both out.  Now she sleeps in the grow bag with both arms out.  I'm hoping to get rid of it soon here as she is already 6 months!

Offline cwolff

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Need Support
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 01:53:08 am »
Yeah, I have something similar called a sleep sack.  I tried the one arm idea, and she thrashes just as much with that as both arms, so I figured I may as well go cold turkey.  I think it's just going to take lots and lots of time.  I was up from 4am this morning, and she had 3 45 minute naps all day.  Argh.