Author Topic: Sleeping less?  (Read 1189 times)

Offline Hsmum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: October 19, 2005, 00:51:47 am »
I started Harry (6 1/2 months) on solids last week - now he seems to be sleeping LESS than before and seems hungrier! He was sleeping 10-11 hours a night but it's now 8 or 9...I know it's just a couple of hours but it's the difference between 06.30 and 04.30!!! Is this normal? I thought he would sleep more! I tried to introduce him when he was 5 months old but he lost interest after about 10 days. (I tried for a further 4 days but he refused solids completely). I waited a few weeks and, after a week, he now has breakfast, lunch and "tea" as well as his 4 bottles... any advice would be appreciated! By the way, I live in Tokyo and we don't have the help of Health Visitors!

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 188
Sleeping less?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 00:47:22 am »
Are you making sure to give the bottles first so he doesn't fill up on solids and miss all the milk he needs? Also, could he be teething or something else to account for the early wakeup?
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha

Offline Hsmum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 01:10:58 am »
Yes, he's having the milk first - but in the last few days he seems to be taking less milk and holding out for his solid  meal! I worked out that he ate the equivalent of 3 jars yesterday lunchtime, 2 of carrots w/baby rice and 1 of apple  (I make his meals myself)....I'd been trying to do the four-bottle plan of 7am, 11, 2.30 and 6 but having to adjust due to the early waking! He's never had the "dreamfeed" (I don't want to wake him once he's settled)