Author Topic: confused about Activity time  (Read 1211 times)

Offline seaflower

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: November 05, 2005, 09:51:09 am »
Hi all,

I've been reading Tracy's book and it says that 3-6months old can stay awake for about 1h 20mins including feeding. However, on 3and 4 hour EASY they should stay up for 1.5 and 2 hours respectively.  Where does the extra time go??

DD usually only manages 1-1:20mins max.
My little princess is 2.5 :) Textbook/Angel/Spirited toddler
My little munchkin is few weeks old and doesn't understnd EASY!

Offline Sarah O

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Quinn and Hazel at 16.5 months
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 18:14:09 pm »
I used to be able to read my twins' cues very well.  Now at almost 4 months (corrected for prematurity) I am having a hard time telling whether I am keeping my babes up for too long or not long enough!

It's frustrating isn't it that each case is individual and that probably no one can tell as well as we can what our babies want. 

Good luck to you!!

Sarah
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Nikki~Nathan&Danielle

confused about Activity time
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 20:24:42 pm »
Hi, since you're lo is only coming up 4mths she will only be just moving from a 3 to 4hr EASY, and the activity time gradually increases with age.  I didn't start to stretch activity time until after 4mths cause my dd just wasn't able to stay awake without getting overtired.  But by 5mths she was doing the 2hrs activity time easily.  BTW, those guides are more based on a baby that naps for 2hrs at a time, my dd didn't, so she took a little longer to adjust.

For now, justs follow your own baby's cues and it will all work out ok.  There is quite a difference from a 3mth old and 6mth old, that long activity time is something to strive for by 6mths rather than being able to do it from 3mths iykwim?

HTH :D