Author Topic: NIGHT WAKINGS - EVERY HOUR  (Read 1283 times)

Offline CONSTER

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
NIGHT WAKINGS - EVERY HOUR
« on: October 19, 2005, 04:57:36 am »
Carter is 4 months old.  Three weeks ago purchased the Baby whisperer and put him on the EASY in 2 days he started sleeping until 6am which was great then I had to go to Vancouver visit family (4 hour drive) then all went bad.  I guess b/c he wasn't sleeping in his crib I had problems so when I got back home I put him on EASY and its been REALLY hard.  It's been two weeks now and he is still getting up every hour and naps he only sleeps for an hour.  At 7pm I feed him, then give him a bath then put him to bed that's the easy part, at 11pm give him the dream feed again that goes well too.  However it starts at 1am the 2:30 etc going on every hour waking up.  I'm finding the patting on the back and the pacifier works better for me then p/u pd method to get him back to sleep but he wakes every hour.  I do think he's teething and he spits up a lot every time I feed him (breastfed).  I know he's gaining weight well though he weighs 16lbs, I'm at my wits end, please help I'm feeling like a failure b/c by 4am I'm exhausted and I bring him to bed and I know that's not the right thing to do.  Any suggestions?/

stasztk

NIGHT WAKINGS - EVERY HOUR
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 05:08:39 am »
Hi and welcome to the boards. You are one hour behind me so we will see each other a lot.  :D
I am having a problem like this too. As hard as it is you really need to stay consistant. don't do pu\pd if it doesn't work. If pat/shh works do it. Don't go back and forth. You need to focus on one thing at a time.

We are here to support you. Please feel free to post as much as you want. We will try to help you as much as we can.

HTH
 :D

Offline CONSTER

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
night wakings - every hour
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 05:17:23 am »
Do you think this is b/c of the teething??  The only thing I'm having trouble is how long during the night do I continue to help him to sleep before feeding him, I've been giving in at 5am which kind of throw's the whole easy thing off.  He's scratching at his cheeks, rash on the bum, drooling, I've given him a teething ring during the day which he likes I was going to try and give him the teething ring (cold from fridge) instead of the pacifier tonight what do you think?