Author Topic: Tummy Time  (Read 75533 times)

Offline silkenkilly

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Tummy Time
« Reply #135 on: May 09, 2013, 03:06:02 am »
Lol my 3 mos old had always hated tummy time so I in turn hated to do it. When he started getting a flat spot on his head in back, our pediatrician  insisted it would help change the shape and strengthen his muscles. Ever since I transitioned him from bassinet to the crib in the nursery i use tummy time to tucker him out before bed. He actually falls asleep fairly quickly now, with minimal fussing. After about ten minutes of being asleep I can move him anywhere  ;D Since this new development he actually doesn't hate tummy time as much, especially in his newborn lounger, where he can see things. He's getting so strong in the neck and shoulders! So I guess you have options but a little tummy time here and there is not going to hurt em.  ::)

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #136 on: May 05, 2014, 11:42:56 am »
I will try to tucker out mine for afternoon catnap as he also hates tummy time. Has anyone tried it? As DS is getting furious after 15-30sek of lying of his tummy I do not how to encourage him to spend more time on his tummy...
~Marta

Offline deb

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
Re: Tummy Time
« Reply #137 on: May 05, 2014, 15:01:24 pm »
When he's on his tummy, make sure he has something interesting to look at, or to reach for. I used to put mine on MY tummy sometimes and we'd make funny faces at each other. You can also use them for "weightlifting" for yourself once their heads are nice and strong. LOL