Author Topic: Long morning nap.......  (Read 1236 times)

Offline Melsy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 51
Long morning nap.......
« on: October 20, 2005, 02:44:19 am »
Hi,

I don't really know if this is because of teeth.... or just a phase.... or what, but I thought I would ask for some opinions!!!!

I know that Aidan is definately teething at the moment, pretty much living on custard and yoghurt... and we are back to pureed veggies or else he won't eat them...  :roll:   and I have given him some natural teething relief, which has camomile in it and put him down at 10.15pm.  It is coming up to 2.5 hours that he has been asleep.  He has done that earlier in the week too, sleeping 2.75 hours at around 10amish for 3 days in a row.

Bit hit and miss then as to whether he takes an afternoon nap or not.... couple of days no, couple of days had 45 mins or an hour later on, around 4pmish.....

I thought then perhaps he was wanting to go to one nap, so started to move that nap back later to 11 or 11.30am.... gave him the same teething relief liquid.... and he only slept one hour or one and a half hours....  :?

So it seems that he sleeps much better and for heaps longer if I put him down between 10 and 10.30am.... it just makes me go insane having ALL afternoon with him if he doesn't go down again....

Ok, he is awake and just started crying, he slept 2.5 hours.... Anyone else have this happen to them???  is it the teeth???  Is he going to be a morning napper and not an afternoon napper like he is "supposed" to do???

Melissa.
DS#1 - Aidan born Sept 2004
DS#2 - Callum born Feb 2008
DD#1 - Eloise born Sept 2009

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSYHndn/]

Offline LindseysMom

• Showing Appreciation 9
  • Lincolnton, NC, USA
Long morning nap.......
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 03:02:15 am »
I would just go with it for now.  It may be teeth related too though.  I just noticed Lindsey is getting another one of her top teeth and she has been sleeping well for her the last 2 days.  At least she has had 2 naps anyway which I am doing good to get 2 from her.  I also think I have been trying to put her down to soon.  Today I waited til her tired signs which did not come for 4 hours between am and pm nap but I waited and she at least did get a afternoon nap all be it short.
Lynne
Registered Nurse now Sahm
Mom to Lindsey Elizabeth 10/28/04
Baby girl due December 8th

Offline kim&savannah

• Showing Appreciation 80
Long morning nap.......
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 03:15:44 am »
Hey Mel!!!  :)

Savannah did something similar for awhile, although not sleeping quite as long, but she totally started going down earlier, like 9 am for awhile!  (she was luckily still taking a second nap then, but otherwise she would have been up from 10:30 until bedtime! :shock: )  And I do think she was teething (she always is though).  After a couple weeks her nap time started moving later, so maybe just ride it out.

Can you put him down in the pm even if he doesn't sleep?  We do "quiet time" some days when I need the break and she's gotten used to just playing for an hour in her bed if she doesn't want to sleep.

How's everything else going?

~Kim
~Kim

Savannah,  6/04
Abraham,   11/06
Henry, 5/8/11

Offline Melsy

• Showing Appreciation 51
Long morning nap.......
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 03:58:11 am »
Hi Guys, thanks for replying!

I am just going to try to go with the flow.... and am going to try and keep offering the second nap.  If he doesn't sleep, he doesn't sleep.  At least I offered it and he can always go to bed a bit earlier.....

I love when he has 2 naps a day.... for purely selfish reasons!  Two breaks for some ME time is better than one!  So I am going to keep trying to keep with two and see how we go!  It could just be teeth related, like we all said.

Kim - So nice to hear from you!  We really got to catch up online, I can't believe how big these bubs are getting!  They are definately not little babies anymore!!  Hope you and Savannah are well!

Mel
DS#1 - Aidan born Sept 2004
DS#2 - Callum born Feb 2008
DD#1 - Eloise born Sept 2009

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSYHndn/]