Author Topic: Suddenly refusing afternoon nap?  (Read 1030 times)

Offline KB

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 20, 2005, 03:46:24 am »
Hi everyone, hoping someone can help.  DD is 6 months and has for the past two days not had her afternoon nap and it looks like we are setting up for a third.  She is quite happy to lie in her cot and talk to herself but she won't have her nap.

She quite often only has 45 min naps (I have given up trying to extend as it was sending us all mad & she sleeps so well at night) and for the last two days only had her short morning nap, up at about 9.30 then didn't sleep again until 5pm :shock:

By this time she is soooo cranky.

I have been putting her down at the normal tired cues, she looks like she will go to sleep and then just doesn't......

Only thing that has changed is it's our first week of solids, could that be doing it?  I've put my schedule below, maybe time to extend A time?  Also I know Tracey talks about adjusting things for prem babies, does the same go the other way?  DD was a full two weeks late, maybe I am not giving her enough awake time? Please any ideas would be great.

Thanks

6.30 wake and breastfeed
8.30 morning nap
9.30 rice cereal (hardly a teaspoon at this stage)
10.30 breastfeed
Anywhere between 12 and 1pm afternoon nap (used to anyway!)
1pm to 2pm wakes up and plays
2.30 breastfeed
4.30 catnap
5.30 bath
6pm final breastfeed and bed by 6.30/7pm

No dreamfeed, at 41/2 months I was too tired one night and just went to bed really early prepared to do a night feed if necessary but she didn't wake and hasn't since so I stopped it.

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
Suddenly refusing afternoon nap?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 02:11:44 am »
I would definately try to increase A time, do it gradually 15min every few days until you see that am nap increase.  It could be the solids only time will tell.  But the increase in A time should lenghten that am nap.

Hope that helps.

Offline KB

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 02:40:19 am »
Thanks Meg'smom.  I have been trying this but at the moment everything is going to pot.  I will post it under the EASY board as I am having trouble all over!! :shock:

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
Suddenly refusing afternoon nap?
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 05:10:05 am »
oh dear, sorry to hear that!  If i can help, please let me know.

I'll i can say is hang in there, this too will pass!  I promise!!