Author Topic: Rolling over and getting stuck!!!!  (Read 994 times)

Offline marylou

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 20, 2005, 17:13:56 pm »
Hi Everyone,

My little guy has been sleeping through the night since about 10 weeks old!! 

He is almost 6 months old and has started actively rolling from back to tummy, but cannot get around again to his back. 

This has started to wake him up at night.......he starts moaning and I go in because I hear him and he is "trapped" on his tummy with his little arms pinned under him and sometimes his little legs stuck in the crib bars!! :shock:  :shock:

(Poor baby!!!)

Anyways...I know this is normal,..but just wondering if anyone has any idea when this might straighten itself out...will he just get used to his tummy and keep sleeping...or will he learn to flip back and then go to sleep on his own.....Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks very much for any help....these boards are all AWESOME....I always get great help when I need it!!! :D  :D

Offline Carys' mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 17:37:47 pm »
Hi Marylou,

My dd did have a couple nights where she would roll onto her tummy and not know how to roll back, and we'd have to rescue her. But, I also tried to work with her during the day on how to roll back onto her back. She eventually got the knack of rolling tummy to back, then back to tummy several times in a row, so this is no longer a problem for us luckily.

Now, she seems comfortable sleeping on her tummy sometimes, too. Hopefully that is what will happen for your ds. Sorry I wasn't much help - good luck!
Melanie
Mom to Carys Elizabeth (2/15/05) and Joshua August (8/16/07)

Offline dallinsmommy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Rolling over and getting stuck!!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 15:48:15 pm »
My little guy does this too! Unfortunately, he still hasn't caught onto rolling tummy to back. He's 4 1/2 months and has been rolling back to tummy for about three weeks or so now. What a mess! In the beginning we just kept flipping and then we rolled up two blankets and placed them on both sides of him (to keep him from rolling). He can still roll over them if he really wants too; but we stopped rescuing him as much too. He gets on his tummy, grunts for awhile, and goes to sleep-once he realized we wouldn't rescue him he suddenly learned to sleep on his side! Ha! He rarely rolls onto his tummy now, and when he does he falls asleep there without any fussing.

I'm still paranoid about SIDS-so, I usually wait for a few minutes and flip him on his back, pretty bad huh? :)

Offline jchang

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
    • http://www.sdhealthylife.com
Rolling over and getting stuck!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 17:13:04 pm »
I bought a product from Target that prevented dd from rolling - same idea as using the towels on her side.  After awhile, she got strong enough to roll over the sides.   :roll:   During the daytime, try to teach LO how to roll back onto his back.