Author Topic: What do I do?  (Read 1101 times)

Offline cwolff

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
What do I do?
« on: October 20, 2005, 20:47:21 pm »
I think DD is ready to sleep thru the night without a feed.  Last night she woke at her usual 1:30am, which is when I usually feed her.  I went in and she had kicked her legs out of the blanket and was tossing and turning.  I went to heat the bottle, and brought it to her room.  Then I re-wrapped her legs and tucked her in and she fell back to sleep.  So I figured she'd be up in a few minutes for her bottle.  Well, she didn't wake till 5am.  I decided to try to push her to 7am, but after an hour of resettling I gave in and fed her at 6am.  She fell back asleep till nearly 8am.  Argh, so this threw off our whole day.  But what should I have done?  And if she does this again should I feed her in the middle of the night, or at 5am instead of extending to 6am?  We don't DF because she would still wake a couple of hours later no matter what I did, so I figured one night waking was better than two.

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
What do I do?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 03:35:39 am »
7pm to 5am is great for a 5mo, so if she does it again I would feed at 5am. You will probably find she will take less at the next feed, but compensate throughout the day.
If you try it again & she doesn't settle easily, it may be hunger so feed, but she might wake at 3,4 or 5 some nights.
Liam who is just a week or so younger doesn't get a df & goes from 7ish to sometime between 3 & 6 most nights, so don't expect it to be 5 all the time, but probably expect she can go to at least 3am, so if you resettle at 1.30 & she wakes at 3, I would suggest feeding.
HTH
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline cwolff

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
What do I do?
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 16:54:25 pm »
Thanks.  Surprisingly, she did the exact same thing last night.  Woke at 1:30am, and I really didn't think she would resettle but she did.  Then she did wake up around 5am.  I was going to feed her, but she seemed so sleepy I just kept putting the paci in.  Finally she woke a little before 7am, and we've started our day off great.  This is the first actual day I can stay I have at least for the moment, got her on 4Hr Easy.  It's been so difficult as her wakings were sporatic and also her morning naps and wake ups were different.  I know I'm jinxing myself being excited, but whatever. :D