Author Topic: 9mth Old - How lumpy?  (Read 1238 times)

Offline i-wei

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 24
9mth Old - How lumpy?
« on: October 20, 2005, 21:13:41 pm »
Aidan is 9.5mths old.  We started weaning him at 5mths.  His food is now mashed and he is able to accept small soft lumps.  With meat, I usually blend it and then add it to his mashed up veggies as 1) meat is hard to mash and 2) meat cut up into little pieces are hard and makes him gag and vomit.

Does this sound like a 'normal' stage for a 9.5mth old?  My health visitor mentioned today that he should be eating what we're eating but cut up into smaller pieces.

He doesn't have any finger foods as he's just not interested.  It's too much fun mushing it up in his hands intead  :wink:  but on the odd occasion he will hold my hand thats holding the spoon to 'help' guide the spoon into his mouth.

Ivy

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
9mth Old - How lumpy?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 10:32:39 am »
By just past 9mo my Aiden who only started on solids at 6mo, was basically only eating finger food for all but breakfast, he pretty much refused to eat from a spoon so he ate toast & vegi balls, soft cooked fruit, vegi sticks, pasta peices etc... i became the queen of making food in to finger food... he has been using a knife & fork (almost properly for a few months now & fed himself with a spoon by 12mo!!.
 So base on that if it were me I would offer what ever he can handle.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05