Author Topic: 2-2.5 hour EASY  (Read 1241 times)

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 865
2-2.5 hour EASY
« on: October 21, 2005, 00:59:03 am »
I'm not sure if this is where it should be posted.
We have decided to stop fighting to get out lo on a 2.5-3 hour EASY routine.  We've been trying for at least 3 weeks, but she just won't last.  The doctor said her stomach may be small and cannot hold much, so she needs to eat less milk more frequently.  So we started a 2-2.5 hour EASY yesterday.  Her feeding time has not decreased since we switched.
My question is, can someone post a sample 2-2.5 EASY routine?  Should I still try cluster feeding (would this be every hour or hour and a half?)?  She also seems to have her nights and days only slightly confused.  She is very sleepy in the late afternoon and my dh says she's bright eyed at 3am.  I just "woke" her to feed her about an hour ago and she was dead to the world (she managed to eat for 5 mins, normally 15).
Thanks for any advice.

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months

annamum

2-2.5 hour EASY
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 03:20:05 am »
Go with a schedule that is doable and comfortable for your baby  :).

My dd didn't go to 3 hour schedule till she was 4.5 months old. I had her on a flexible 2 to 2.5 hour schedule till she was able to last longer. I tried to extend it and fit her into a 3 hour one at the beginning, it didn't work, she wouldn't have it. Her naps were also short so it worked well together.

I don't really remember exactly how her day looked like at this age but:

I kept cluster feeding her in the afternoons, she definitely wanted this anyway. I fed her even every 1 to 1.5 hour before her bedtime when she was so little, later it was every 2 hours.

We had a dreamfeed, and for a while two dreamfeeds, one at 8 pm and one at 9:30 pm. However, from current perspective I am not sure this really worked. She kept waking up numerous times during the night anyway.

So yes, you can make it 2-2.5 hours, I know there are other memebers on this site who also taylor-made EASY. You can also do EAEASY when you feed just before nap but not to the point where a baby goes to sleep on your breast. You can change a diaper so nursing is not associated with going to sleep. However, your lo is so young, it is so hard to keep them awake after nursing, isn't it?

BTW, your doctor sounds like a reasonable person  :lol:.

Offline seaflower

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 09:43:46 am »
Hi annamum, don't want to hijack the thread, just wandering how often did you DD feed during the night? DD is 3.5 mo and still on (around) 2.5 hour EASY, good (45min to an hour) naps, but seem to have real problems with the nights.
My little princess is 2.5 :) Textbook/Angel/Spirited toddler
My little munchkin is few weeks old and doesn't understnd EASY!

annamum

2-2.5 hour EASY
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 17:04:04 pm »
seaflower,

At this age, I think she was waking 2 to 3 times at night. 2 times were standard, she would wake anytime between 1 and 2 am and the second time around 4-6 am. Then it got better, she started waking just once at 4-6 am at 4-5 months. And at 6 months, she just started to roll over and learn to sit and was waking every hour during the night. The reason, she would roll to her tummy and couldn't roll to her back, would wake up screaming, it lasted till she knew how to do this on her own.

How often does your lo wake up?