Author Topic: random wakings - not hungry 6 mo  (Read 1430 times)

Offline cliffrose

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 21, 2005, 01:33:36 am »
My six month and two weeker has just started waking randomly- last night, i DFed at 10:45 pm, and he woke at 2:10 and at 5:30, not really hungry either time, wouldn't settle until i picked him up and held him for a minute or two. then today same thing with the morning nap- halfway through. and now- again- down at 7:10pm, waking at 9:15. It's like he's waking against his will... he starts this short, forced crying- and as soon as i pick him up he goes right back down.

does anyone have any ideas what is going on? normally he is a good sleeper- and puts himself back down when he wakes at night (unless he is hungry)

thanks in advance,

elizabeth

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
random wakings - not hungry 6 mo
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 10:34:55 am »
Sounds very much like it is developmental, is he moving more, rolling & getting ready to crawl, just started sitting up or something like that? If so it should sort it self out if you remain consistent
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline kellyhushhh

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 11:03:13 am »
hi i dropped the dream feed last week as my son was waking but not hungry.  i think the dream feed interupts their sleep, as it lies on their tummy. i may be wrong but it worked for me.

Try it you never know  :)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/judeethan  PASSWORD JUDE

url=http://lilypie.com][/url]

Offline cliffrose

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 12:59:55 pm »
he isn't getting ready to crawl ( i think) - how would i tell? he rolls in both directions just fine. he has also recently started sleeping on his stomach.

i will wait and see if it goes away--

Offline thomas'smum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2005, 02:38:45 am »
My almost six month old son has started to do the same thing.  He used to sleep through the night until 8:00 almost on the dot every day but now he goes to bed and wakes up an hour or so later needing to be held and then goes back, usually wakes around 3:30am and needs to be held and then at about 6 am, if he goes back to sleep after that he seems to be much less cranky so I try to feed him then and put him back down.  Also he had been waking up screaming like you said for his naps but today he slept for a full 11/2hrs and then 2 hrs so maybe it's coming to an end, I sure hope so, hope yours gets better, I think it must just be a phase or something???