Author Topic: Nap Schedule  (Read 1213 times)

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Nap Schedule
« on: October 21, 2005, 13:28:51 pm »
Hi again. DD (10 weeks) has been having even harder time lately getting more than 20 minutes in for her catnap. Meaning that she is crazed by the time dinner and bedtime come around. She still seems tired - will rub her eyes, yawn, etc - but just can't get her to sleep. She is on 4-hour schedule and takes two long naps earlier in day (both between 2-2.5 hours) and I generally have to wake her from them - she would sleep longer. Are those naps too long? Is that affecting her ability to nap again for the catnap?

If she wakes from the catnap and seems upset and tired but can't sleep, how should I address? Do some quiet A time and try again? Like wash her hair (which she loves) and brush it? She will get distracted at this time if we smile at her and pay attention to her - but then she only ends up getting more tired. I've tried letting this nap be where she wants it (crib, stroller, swing, etc) but it doesn't seem to have much impact...

I just want to make it easier on her so she doesn't get so upset/crazed/overtired later in day.

Many thanks.
Karen
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Isom'smom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Tennessee
Nap Schedule
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 14:28:06 pm »
I know you're trying to keep on schedule, but you might try letting her sleep as much as she wants at nap time.  It may help with the overtiredness, and make it easier for her to take the last nap.  At ten weeks she's just growing and eating and evacuating.  In about two or four more weeks, your naps are going to become really erratic, so let her enjoy and take the time to check out posts. :wink:

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
Nap Schedule
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 00:48:29 am »
Thx... Even if it means it will be more than 4 hours since she last ate?

Of course, right now this is all thrown off since her reflux is acting up terribly (poor girl) and she's having a horrible time eating or napping...
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Isom'smom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Tennessee
Nap Schedule
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2005, 01:36:06 am »
Yes, even it's four hours.  She may need an extra thrity minutes or so.  Especially if she's not feeling well.  And she'll let you know if she's hungry.  I wish I could help with the reflux - but I have never dealt with that one.  Good luck.  Hope she feels better soon.

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
Nap Schedule
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2005, 11:57:20 am »
Thx - will try that - some days it may mean 4.5-5 hours since she ate if she is feeling well/napping well.