Author Topic: 5 am waking...HELPPP  (Read 1207 times)

Offline nadiasilvina

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
5 am waking...HELPPP
« on: October 24, 2005, 10:34:48 am »
Hi! Iīm Nadia. I sent these lines to a pm to Lana-Ewans Mom, but i want to share them with all  of you because i need a lot of supoort.

Today was my worst night of all. Remember that Dana is 10 month now, and she is a very calm baby during the day. Iīm en EASY since she was 5 motnh old.
But for slepping, she has become a problem.
Naps: she takes two per day, one about 10.30 /11 am and the other 3 or 4 pm and she sleeps for about an hour each, but, most of the times, she only sleeps 45 minutes and gets up screaming and thereīs no way to put her down.

Night: I do every day the same rutine, she has dinner at 8 pm (in argentina thats too early because we have dinner here at 9.30 as a common thing). Then she tooks a bath, she laughs, she plays in the water...and then i put her pijamas and go to the living room to read a book. I told her stories for about 10 minutes, then i go to her room and turn off the light, She starts fussing but i continue telling her stories in her ear, in a very calm tone, and then she put her head over mi chest and i put her down. Sometimes everything goes wonderful and she calm herself great, but sometimes she starts to cry for about an hour.
And the, the problem arrives. At 3/4 or 5 am (it depends, the hour is not always the same) she starts to cry, and the scream, she stands up in her crib....and my husband starts to do the pu/pd (because i canīt stand her cry), and is so so so difficult to calm her. I am thinking now (because we have been doing it for a week now) the we are doing somenthing wrong with the technique...these night we all were awake since 3 am to 5.30 am becasue she were out of control...
I donīt really knows what to do...
1. She is 10 month now, where do i have to calm her? in her crib? in my arms? Because in my arms she starts to fight...
2. when is the right moment to pu/pd her? when she is really screaming?
3. Do i have only to pd her?
4. Last night i tried what Tracy explained in the interview: instead of picking her up, i go to her: i laid her on the mattress, put the bar all the way down and I’ll physically went in, with my whole body into the crib and laid my cheek next to hers.  I didnīt pick her up. She calmed down, but iīm afraid to become HER PROP. Could I?

Behind that i have to tell you that she left breastfeed at 6 months and she left bottle feed at 8 months...so she has no proper for that....

Today she woke up at 5 am, and it took us an hour to calm her, and now, being 7.30 am she is still sleeping.

Iīm so confused, sad and tired.
Is there anything that i could read where i can find how pu/pd method described?
Sorry for the long letter but iīm so frustrated.
Thanks
Nadia.

Offline Beata

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 24
5 am waking...HELPPP
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 14:16:02 pm »
Could she be hungry?

Offline nadiasilvina

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Hungry
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 15:19:47 pm »
No, she couldnīt. She eats so well.

Offline dkjokisch

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 43
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 19:57:08 pm »
She sounds sleep deprived.  When do you actually put her to bed?  And what time is she up for the day?
Deborah
#3 EDD 07/18/09
B 04/14/07 (ds)
M 01/13/05 (dd)