Author Topic: Can I wake-to-sleep more than once?  (Read 1316 times)

Offline emilieh

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 21, 2005, 13:45:02 pm »
My dd will be six months tomorrow. For several months, i've been battling night waking. It started during her 3-month growth spurt and somehow we've never gotten back on track. (She was a fabulous sleeper until 3 months.) I've got her on a longer feed schedule and her naps are pretty good, but she still wakes a couple times a night. Can I wake-to-sleep her two or three times a night??

Here's her schedule:
7:00 Eat, breast and bottle (2-3 oz)
8:45 - 10:15 nap
10:45 - Pears, 3 tsp, bottle (3 oz)
12:00 - 1:30 nap
2:30 - Bottle, 4 oz
3:15 - 4:30 nap
5:00 - Pears, 3 tsp, bottle (3 oz)
6:30 - Bottle (5 oz), bath &
6:50ish - Bed
9-10 Dream feed, usually 3 oz (wakes up for this)
Then wakes 2-3 times
5am - usually wants to eat 4 oz

She's a light eater but is about 15 pounds and I can't seem to get her to take much more during the day.
Any advice???? I'm sleepless here for ages and probably can't see the forest for the trees!!

- Reese's mom

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Can I wake-to-sleep more than once?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 19:44:32 pm »
you can, but you might find it easier to tackle the habitual wakings one at a time.  it may end up that if you concentrate heavily on one, it may carry over to taking care of the others as well.

your schedule looks decent to me.   :D
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Can I wake-to-sleep more than once?
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 02:40:07 am »
the other thing is her food intake seems to be a lot in the evening & not so much the rest of the day. I am wondering if as she takes alot in at 5 & 6.30pm she might not be getting an upset tummy. I would suggest you try merging these 2 feeds into one & carrying over the food to earlier in the day. Also with the solids it is often better to offer them after milk at this age as their little tummies are still not very mature & the milk helps line them & also milk is the main food source so you want to encourage her to take more of that than the solids until around 9mo.
Sometimes solids upsetting the tummy can cause waking too so try offering in the am & not at 5pm... by this age the food intake over about 2 days is more relevent than tanking up to get them sleeping through the night.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline emilieh

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 18:58:12 pm »
Thanks for the advice! I'll trying concentrating on her earliest night waking (usually around 1-2 am) and I'll move her evening solid feed to "lunch" time instead of dinner. I hope that will help!

Reese's mom