Author Topic: Express or not?  (Read 1046 times)

Offline Rhiannon

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: October 21, 2005, 19:50:25 pm »
Hi

Just wondering if anyone had any advice. I'm just about finished breastfeeding my lo, am down to 1 feed in the mornings, but just wondering if I should express when I stop altogether or not bother. I've never had a problem with leaking or feeling over full but I'm back at work so don't want to start leaking in the day when I'm at work. Also don't normally get a lot when I express so not sure it'd help anyway.

Hope this makes sense, thanks for reading anyway!

Rhiannon
x

Offline annas mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 45
Express or not?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 20:44:24 pm »
Hi
 By the time I stopped breastfeeding my DD and was down to 1-2 feeds I found my supply dwindled quickly with no problems, and this is from someone who had over supply problems with mastitis and blocked ducts through the whole time I BF. So I personally wouldn't bother pumping, as I think you won't have a problem. If you are worried though with work you could pump for a few mins, say 5 and decrease it by a minute or 2 a day - that way you go down gradually. Do what you would feel most comfortable with!!

HTH

Clare
mum to anna 23 months and nathan 7 weeks

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 188
Express or not?
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 00:54:17 am »
How old is your lo?  If you've decreased the feeds really gradually, then this is just one more dropped feed.  You might not leak at all.  You could just wear breast pads for the first little while and see how it goes.
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha