Author Topic: 15 weeks and stalled! (long!)  (Read 982 times)

Offline bellerby

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
15 weeks and stalled! (long!)
« on: October 22, 2005, 03:56:10 am »
Hi everyone,

My dd has a fairly set schedule, but she hasn't progressed much in length of nightime sleep in about a month (we're at 8 1/2 hours). Here's her schedule:

4:30 - wake and eat (approx 4 oz) goes right back to sleep while eating
7:00 - wake and eat (approx 6 oz)
8:00 -sleep
10:00 -wake and eat (approx 4 oz)
11:00 -sleep
1:00 wake and eat (approx 6 oz)
2:00 - sleep
4:00 - wake and eat (approx 4 oz)
5:00 - sleep
7:00 - wake and eat (6 oz)
bath time, bedtime routine
8:00 - eat (4oz) FORMULA
8:15-8:30 down for the night

She naps really well, and lately I've had to wake her up to feed her. Also - she often seems uninterested in feeding after she's finished one side, and I have to work to get her to take a full feeding rather than a snack. I'm breastfeeding exclusively except for an extra 4 oz at bedtime b/c she's SO hungry at that time of day. I'd love to not have to give formula to her, but she cries until I feed her more... My amounts are just guesses based on pumping and how long she eats for.

She starts to get cranky after about 45 min, she still just doesn't like to stay awake for long, although I CAN get her to stay up as long as 1 1/2 hours without a meltdown, as long as I keep really low stimulation going.

I'm at a loss with how to progress from here. I would really like to get her sleeping past 4:30! Also - she's already 18lbs - off the charts for length and weight. Don't know if that makes a difference!

Thanks so much!

Kimberley

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
15 weeks and stalled! (long!)
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 20:33:51 pm »
hi there,

how are things going? 

just reading your info, it sounds like she still needs that 4am feeding.  she's so big that she just needs the calories - especially if she's taking a full feeding at that time.

the only other thing i might question is that that last nap (5pm) seems a bit long to me, and may be affecting her nighttime sleep.
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy